ROYAL ENFIELDS HEAD FOR THE HILLS

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
28TH FEBRUARY 2024

Since purchasing my RE from Sahapanich I have discovered their busy social network available
to RE riders from various areas of Thailand.

I am not a Facebooker and not particularly interested in Social Networks but I did receive a 'Line'
invitation to join the Chiang Mai RE riders on a group ride. And I am glad I went!

We met at the RE shop on #107 on 26th, sitting inside the air-conditioned shop sipping free coffee and drinks.
Eventually about 17 bikes arrived carrying a nice blend of Thai and 'Farang' riders.

All I knew is that we were heading to a location in Mae Rim.
I hate #107 so was not too optimistic; my goal was to meet other RE riders, especially Thai.

0-19.jpg

Marshals were appointed and they did a great job of maintaining a safe and steady pace. No egos here to prove nothing.
We also has a group insurance cover for the ride. (free)
There was also a 'just in case' ute to follow us! Not needed.

0-25.jpg

0-26.jpg

We set off, following the leader and arrived onto the #1096 avoiding #107 traffic.

Then we turned right onto the delightfully twisty and undulating #4043.

The little 350 managed the climbs very well; just a matter of being in the correct gear at the right time.

We all eventually finished up at the Maekee Sheep House.

0-46.jpg

0-56.jpg

0-50.jpg

0-47.jpg

0-51.jpg

Khun Piriya is the 'Leader of the Pack' and main salesman at RE (with good English).

0-30.jpg

We climbed the steps and discovered that Saha had arranged a free lunch pack, coffees and chilled drinks for us all.

0-31.jpg

0-37.jpg

0-32.jpg

0-34.jpg

0-54.jpg

Many sheep and lambs to amuse us and other visitors.

0-33.jpg

0-58.jpg

0-57.jpg

0-38.jpg

0-64.jpg

I nick-named this one "Barbeque", to the disgust of my Thai friends who were not aware of Aussie BBQs until I explained it to them.
"How can you eat them, too cute."

0-55.jpg

This is a nice venue for families.
It was a hot day but a cool breeze swept the mountain tops.

Time to depart, this time taking the right turn onto #4043 from the exit along the very scenic and interesting road (with minimal traffic)
until we rejoined #1096.

Then we went our own way and I headed back to Doi Saket with 123kms on the Trip Metre.

Altogether an excellent day with fine people and an interesting, incident-free ride.

Thank you RE Sahapanich.

(The only problem for me with group rides such as this is that it is a bit difficult to stop along the way to take in the wonderful scenery
and take a few pics. So I will re-ride the route alone at my own leisure).

Last edited:
29th February 2024

And thanks for some photos from a rider in our group 'K-', who appears to be the official photographer for these rides.

0-3.jpg

0-22.jpg

0-10.jpg

0-12.jpg

0-7.jpg

The organizers in deep conversation.

0-9.jpg

And there were prizes for some.

0-25.jpg

0-24.jpg

0-23.jpg

0.jpg