Royal Enfield 'Adventure' model.

"In addition to the adventure bike, the trademark also covers a range of products including head protection, clothing, riding gear among other motorcycle paraphernalia that you would be using during those adventure rides."

So BMW has the Mini, Ducati the Scrambler, and Royal Enfield the Himalayan. Whatever next?

Source: IndianCarsBikes.in

27907554eb96d33862c0492bea3b00c9_zpsd7cd3324.jpg

The artist's mockup looks pig ugly but I agree this would be a great touring bike for the local market.

I've only visited India once on a 6 week long tour, including Rajastan, and Phil's recent trip and wonderful photo journal of the region brought back many good memories.

If this bike could be bought and kept in India cheaply I would be very interested. I have a 7 week holiday every June and July, which coincides with the wet season here so to escape to the cool climate of Northern India for touring on a 'Himalaya' would be a wonderful alternative :giving:

Let's see how this story pans out...

An 'old school scrambler' would have been easyer to look at than this clearly 'wannabeADV'....all u need to do is get one/change suspensions/tires n voilà.i have a friend in india ,has a shop,convert bullets!can hook u up if u need ;)
The artist's mockup looks pig ugly but I agree this would be a great touring bike for the local market.

I've only visited India once on a 6 week long tour, including Rajastan, and Phil's recent trip and wonderful photo journal of the region brought back many good memories.

If this bike could be bought and kept in India cheaply I would be very interested. I have a 7 week holiday every June and July, which coincides with the wet season here so to escape to the cool climate of Northern India for touring on a 'Himalaya' would be a wonderful alternative :giving:

An 'old school scrambler' would have been easyer to look at than this clearly 'wannabeADV'....all u need to do is get one/change suspensions/tires n voilà.i have a friend in india ,has a shop,convert bullets!can hook u up if u need ;)

dont see the need to get one for a short period.inexpensive to rent n dont have the problem where to park or care for whn ur gone // :bliss: there is also a factor of love/hate with India,u may not want to go back every year

PS ..gosh I relooked at that pic...wow............

Cheers. I just need to pull my finger out and organise something... :RE

Back
Top Bottom