Riding the Yamaha SR400

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
081314-2015-yamaha-sr400-cornering-633x420.jpg

2015 Yamaha SR400 First Ride Review

"Takes you right back to the days when guys would use light bikes like the SR to give fits to bigger bikes with power they couldn’t use in the tight stuff." (Motorcycle.com)

So when are going to give us the good old XT500 for a nice price? Now that would really give us a bike to ride circles around pretty much everyone in stretches like the Phnagnga park or Khao Yai, around Loei etc etc etc :ride:

is this in production in thailand??....can't believe Yamaha come up with it..along with the Bolt,which is nice.
but does not have midsize adv or (plated) enduro in their showrooms!i requested a WR450 (great solid lil monster)...solly don't have in TH.
yamaha ,hello??

Looks like made in Japan and local price 265k baht.

M I T ... damn somehow this does really not sound right especially knowing the quality of Thai schools ... but yes, it is (or better will be soon) made in Thailand according to some of the latest department of commerce reports...

It's probably in the showrooms now.
The 'Big Bike Sales Manager at Chiang Mai Yamaha will have all the info.
ie "Khun 'Art' is the best person to speak to; he has good English. (081 1631115)"

I'd call in myself but now heading to Heathrow after 'Chasing Leprechauns'.

So when are going to give us the good old XT500 for a nice price? Now that would really give us a bike to ride circles around pretty much everyone in stretches like the Phnagnga park or Khao Yai, around Loei etc etc etc :ride:

I agree. A company in California modded the SR 400. I'd buy one for sure if Yamaha offered it.
yamaha-sr400-usa-2-625x625.jpgyamaha-sr400-usa-5-625x416.jpg

all my respect to khun Art ..but who's gona buy it??
good luck yamaha to sell 3 -4 of 'em worldwide :hmm or is it me bitchin at them for not selling the WR450 instead? ...hehe :banghead:

It's probably in the showrooms now.
The 'Big Bike Sales Manager at Chiang Mai Yamaha will have all the info.
ie "Khun 'Art' is the best person to speak to; he has good English. (081 1631115)"

I'd call in myself but now heading to Heathrow after 'Chasing Leprechauns'.

M I T ... damn somehow this does really not sound right especially knowing the quality of Thai schools ... but yes, it is (or better will be soon) made in Thailand according to some of the latest department of commerce reports...

Thai made should be cheaper than the 265k quoted for the MIJ model then?

We saw one in a shop (not a big-bike shop) today in Latkrabang, Bkk, much to my surprise. The owner quoted us 260kB, don't know whether there are any on-road charges.

It has FI, dual-piston front brake with a big disc, Metzeler tyres and hazard lights and a filthy big canister at the lower front left. Other than that it looks the way I remember the old SR500 from 30+ years ago.

Cheers,
Peter.

Yamaha SR400 global prices:
Germany Euro 5.795 or ~ 245.000 baht
United Kingdom £ 5,199 or ~ 275.000 baht
Netherlands Euro 6.499 or ~ 275.000 baht
France Euro 5.999 or ~ 255.000 baht
USA US$ 5.999 or ~ 192.000 baht

Yamaha Chiang Mai have sold 12 SR400s so far and there's 4 more in the showroom.

The Thai company Centaur showed their new 400cc Stallion this week at the BKK Motor Show. According to reports it will retail at 159K, as compared to 265K for the SR400.

dd76a54698dbbb170b48c83d5f9b5d9f_zpswnmfhctv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom