Ride Asia Advertising Policy

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
Ride Asia has always been open to people to advertise their business interests and has encouraged members to post their business.

The forum does not require sponsorship by way of banner adds, thanks to the generosity of kind people who want this forum to continue.

Ride Asia Motorcycle Forums does not have any affiliation to commercial venues or businesses.

At the moment Suppliers and Vendors are lumped together in one sub forum “Vendors” and when a thread opens in that forum by a business owner member, other members often contribute and in doing so diluting its content and the business owner loses control of the content and product information initially posted

Another consequence of lumping all suppliers & vendors together is that non-business owners are generously promoting a business they have found to be worth sharing and the business owner members self-promotion threads get spread further into the paging of the forum to be lost from immediate sight on the first 20!

In light of conversations with various members, the forums will change a little.

I am making new sub forum will be made for 'Biker Friendly Establishments' where owners can openly promote their own venue in their OWN thread. Thereby maintaining control of their own branding, information, specials, promotions etc.

These business owners will be the only members able to post in their own 'Biker Friendly Establishments’ thread.

However, the current Vendor forum will remain for members to share & communicate businesses they have found to be worth sharing.

Hopefully, the benefits to all members of this approach will become clear.

To give an example, "Wild Boar Riders” coffee shop & hang out could well be associated with an existing member eg Kh Nong.
  • Nong would sign up as a new member called Wild Boar Riders and be given a thread in the Biker Friendly Establishments forum into which they can post their own content, never to be diluted by other member posts.
  • Secondly, Nong could well be posting on Thailand Ride Reports forum about a trip they did to Lampang and it may well end up back at the coffee shop and Nong could get another chance to self promote.
  • Meanwhile, another member may well be posting in Thailand Ride Reports forum about a trip they did, when they enjoyed a good coffee at wild boar riders. This might attract a few thumbs up and even new posts on their thread about the taste of that coffee.
  • And a generous non-business owner member may well post about Wild Boar Riders coffee shop & hang out in the Vendors forum in the way that previously existed.
This new approach does not encourage, (in this example) the Wild Boar Riders member to post business introductions & self promotion in forums outside of their own dedicated business thread.

Equally, (in this example) Nong should focus on posting about ride reports in ride report threads and not just self promoting their business.

Ride Asia will continue to be an open door for free advertising and would warmly welcome responses from members in how I can best support members who have business interests in SE Asia.

In short, businesses should think of it as an extension to their Facepage business page and treat it as such

Advertising on Ride Asia is and will always be FREE OF CHARGE

I think its a great idea for us to promote our business to the members and to have our name out there more.

I'm sorry, Bob... I don't get it. One of the main reason social media, like FB, is taking over from forums, like this, is the relative freedom of the sub-groups that form there (eg FB). Each subgroup is one forum. Pigeon-holing and rules that must be obeyed are the antithesis of what is proving popular.

I've always enjoyed providing content to this forum... and that includes material that is only provided here. If I was to take a cold-hearted business approach to it, I'd spend all my time on FB and a few of the overseas forums that provide my customers. A FB post reaches an order of magnitude more people.... but and it's a big BUT... Ride Asia is OUR community and it deserves support... so, I take the time to contribute.

Good to see positive reactions to this initiative from Bob to bring about a policy he is able to offer members of his forum.

Thanks for the positives from some of you, the intention is to try and clear the water and allow businesses to freely promote without the need for plugging elsewhere in the forum, pigeon-holing it is not and to think so is not my intention but businesses can promote in the business section as they wish and riders can also support venues in their posts as has always been the case.

Cold hearted, no, if that was the case then the site would be covered in paid banner adds and that won't be happening.

I think it’s a good idea, let’s see how it develops.

I am.all ears opps eyes I mean .
Have a great and safe ride Bob next month.

Back
Top Bottom