renewin 5 year license ?????

monsterman

hi guys
i have been away from LOS for 10 months longest time in 17 years but its been good for me , i am a buit scared oto be coming back to Thailand got to avoid the negative triggers ???, anyway i have realised that my 5year Thai car and MC license expired in May so now I have to refresh them ,, will that be a major hassle ???????
in the mean time i have a UK international so no problem to ride my Ducati ,,

Hi Jerry,

It seems that you can renew your 5 year license for up to one year after it expired but, this being Thailand, it probably varies from place to place.

I recently renewed my license after it had been expired for nearly a year, and it was no problem- I needed a residency certificate, doctor's note, and an eye test (done at DMV)- no written exam or drivers test was necessary. This was at CM- your experience might be different, of course.

Is it still the case that you need a 1 years visa to renew a 5 year licence?

I have a 1 year visa O type and will do it in Prattaya a might get a ''fixer'' to sort it all for a fee just to save myself brain damage

once i have the papers and the bike sorted i plan a trip up to CMX and Pai so hope to see some of the sensible people

Is it still the case that you need a 1 years visa to renew a 5 year licence?

http://www.dlt.go.th/th/index.php?o...renew&catid=131:2011-09-08-02-09-23&Itemid=88

A non-immigrant visa is required ..

I went to process mine from a 1 to 5 at a smaller DLT, not the provincial HQ. One guy checked my passport and sent me to a side room. Despite being checked in one room, I didnt have a up-to-date certificate of residence.
I went to one counter, typical thailand, a guy stinking of smoke and whisky from the night before, hand shaking. This guy questioned the date, I told the him that the other guy said it was ok, then i went to the other guy and said the obvious alcoholic said it was fine, 'man bpen rai's' all around.

After the sight test I went for a new photo - the guy handed me a further one year.

I handed him the print out of the website - he couldn't read English, couldn't read my passport, despite being the person doing the initial checking. He got someone in the queue to help him - I pointed out my 1 year multi non-O visa, he made a call and the only thing that was discussed was 'non-O', not validity wasn't discussed. My card was reprinted to be a 5 year.

Hope that helps.

Thai embassy in London has mislaid my passport again ,, Im supposed to fly Monday 9th but if it does not turn up in the morning im fucked and will have to change my ticket ,,,,grrrr more cost ,, i sent it to them 3 weeks ago ?????? Thais TIT !!! and that not even leaving UK yet

Back
Top Bottom