"Relapse in the Golden Triangle"

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
635299.jpg

Heroin returns to Golden Triangle | Bangkok Post: Most recent

"After a decade of decline, Southeast Asia is now once again a major opium growing region [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]… "

(Bgk Post)
[/FONT]

And now there is the proof in the pudding "as they say in English"...

Thuksin had declared war on hard drugs and major dealers were executed...he put a serious dent in the Thai drug business.

Someone remind me why Suthep is soo dead set on ruining Thaksin and everyone in his circles? ohh yeah...a look at what his real money making ventures were may answer that.

Why did all this trade get so quickly back up once Abhisit was put in place...with money from...ohh ok...naugh said!

Its a bike site so...let's forget politics shall we

Generals dont like a drop in business.

Maybe I wont be riding around these parts;

"The main poppy growing areas in Myanmar, says the report released Monday, are in the southern Shan State, close to the Thai border. Laos production is centered in Phongsali and Houaphan provinces, which border China and Vietnam respectively."

I was going to ask about riding there.
Wouldn't it just be a case of the army or whoever telling you to turn back as they know a lot of tourists head that way on bikes.

That is not new news and the cultivation is not in Thailand but probably some trafficking happening here so bike riding is not affected. I read somewhere that some hilltribes in Thailand are allowed small cultivation for personal use. It is the yaba from Burma that passes through the north that attracts the judicial attention.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks Gary but I meant in northern Laos north of Oudomxai around the Phongsali area

Hi Pounce most riders are not as adventurous as you and stay in Thailand. Nothing changes in Laos though as the cultivation would be protected as always by higher office. I was there recently without incident.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom