rear shock issue

Taninthai

Bikes
Crf 250
hi guys take a look at the pic the black rubber cushion at bottom of shock is just disintegrating when i touch it ,the pink colour is where its all fallen apart, is that bit replaceable, or is new shock needed,,4 year old bike 15000km and lives by the sea, opinions and prices of new shock if it needs replacing welcome.....thank you
IMAG1271.jpg

That is a CRF250L . That Shock is not Serviceable and you don't get it separate from Honda .

You have 2 options
1 a new shock and then a better one YSS as example

2 You remove the spring , cut the old one off and Build a new rubber bushes by yourself direct around the damper rod .
Sound more complicated as it is .
Guess you are in Thailand . Buy 100% Silicone at the Hardware shop (99 THB ) and a pound of mais flour at tesco (59 THB).
Take a Plastic bucket and push the volume of Silicone you need for the new bush in to the bucket .
then add Mais flour , as much as you could stir in to the Silicone .
You will need a few try to get the mix correct .
If you have it right you can touch the mix with bare Hands and knead the Silicone around the Damper rod for a new bush.
The Mais flour makes it not only possible to touch the stuff by Hand depend it loses its stickiness it also change the Silicone to some thing much harder and the clear silicone to yellow . If you like a different color you can add some color powder from a paint shop .
After 24 hours its hard like the original rubber bush if you have enough mais flour in it .
resist Oil ,Gas , higher temperatures and mechanical wear better then the original.

Yep checked out yss shock 9600bht probably a good upgrade to do ...but a bit disappointed this has happened never seen rubber turn pink, believe me wouldn't even need to cut that old one off it is crumbling away every time i touch it, surely that should not happen so soon, i see the newer models look to have different rubber...i have sent a copy of a video of it to ap honda.....anyone have any good email address to try and get a result from honda with it.... here is video off it
[video]https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPS6v5W6SrPJDq37looopm2vQxyrwSNUp6vlEvc[/video]

then again honda are not gonna be in any rush and the shock does feel shot to bits so i suppose yss is the way to go.

It happen to some kind of rubber and foam used at many different things .
Shoes , Camera parts even Nikon made in Thailand , earphones , googles , Bike Parts , Protectors in jackets and trousers and so on .
No idea what excactly is resposible for the disintegration but it cost me already a lot of money .

Get a YSS you will love it (your butt at leased)

Back
Top Bottom