Races to Places by Lyndon Poskitt

Lyndon Poskitt adds BAJA RALLY to "Races to Places"

http://www.bajarallymoto.com

ENSENADA BAJA CA MEXICO- Bajarallymoto.com announced that British racer and YouTube sensation Lyndon Poskitt has added the 2015 BAJA RALLY to his list of races on his “Races to Places” web-TV schedule. R2P is a 2 year motorcycle adventure like no other, riding around the world on a Factory Rally bike, competing in rallies on every continent. It’s not all about the riding and racing though. He shares his entire experience including the cultural aspects of his journey including things some of us will only dream of ever seeing.

“I raced the BAJA 1000 back in 2007 on a KTM 950 SuperEnduro and spent a few weeks pre-running”, Poskitt explained, “I’ve explored Baja CA extensively, so I know the BAJA RALLY will be a perfect fit for me, offering unique terrain and scenic views to add to my Races to Places program. There’s always more to see and ride and riding road book in Baja will add a very different experience, something I am looking forward to”

Poskitt, an aerospace engineer by trade, completed the Dakar rally in 2013 and built a solid following of fans during his buildup and execution of his successful campaign. He took home a top 10 stage finish and overcame some serious set-backs to finally finish in the top 50, bringing home the medal he had always wanted. Since completing the world’s most important rally, Poskitt set his sights on a global tour that transcends the thrill of racing, something that has never been attempted before.

Executive VP Fred Sobke likened Poskitt’s entry to the cultural goals of the BAJA RALLY mission, which is to share and teach Mexican culture to international visitors and spreading the word about Baja CA's treasured landscapes.

“What Lyndon is doing allows others to live vicariously through his eyes”, explained Sobke, “His videos give viewers the idea that you can live your own dreams on your own terms if you can imagine them well enough”. Hosting Lyndon's 'Races to Places' program at our event, validates one of our most important objectives to share the beauty of the land and our hosts”.

During Lyndon’s global tour so far he has visited 25 countries, covered 50,000km and raced in 2 international rallies on two different continents to add to his already impressive race resume; and he’s not even half way through! His youtube webisodes produce several thousand views within days of release, adding to the validity of Poskitt’s organic fan base. Rally is hugely popular in Europe and other parts of the world excluding North America.

Lyndon Poskitt’s entry to the BAJA RALLY is a milestone for the rally-raid event that seeks to gradually grow a sustainable, environmentally friendly rally that is taken seriously as a training ground for longer, more intense rallies. On this note, Lyndon has offered to share his navigation methods and techniques with participants of the rally in ‘An Evening with Lyndon’. For those interested, Lyndon will host a seminar at the San Nicolas Hotel on Sunday Sept 27.

Follow Lyndon’s escapades and cohorts live on Facebook at "Lyndon Poskitt Racing” or look at Lyndon Poskitt / Adventure Spec for more.

DAKAR RALLY 2017 announcement, pretty sure some great video footage coming along the preparations and actual racing....

Races To Places rider Lyndon Poskitt tells of his plans to ride the Americas from Alaska to Argentina, finishing by mixing riding to the start of the Dakar Rally with an attempt to win the Malle Moto class of the infamous event....

https://www.facebook.com/LyndonPoskittRacing

[h=1]Sonora Rally 2016[/h]
Update from the finish from Lyndon Poskitt via his FB page https://www.facebook.com/LyndonPosk...if_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1459976504603280

[h=1]North American Rally in the bag with ‪#‎basilbike‬ Rode a solid day today and finished 5th I think just a couple of minutes behind 4th in the overall but results not yet confirmed. Foot is bad, more on that later, need rest. Basil did awesome and we had a great time at @sonorarally. Thanks to everyone that helped Adventure-Spec, Motorex Schmiertechnik, Piston and Chain, @attwatergroup, Shoei Helmets, UK Nova Racing, Bikers Jersey, Woody's Wheel Works, Double Take Mirror, Speed Couriers, Sena Bluetooth and everyone else that played their part and made it an enjoyable and successful event. [/h]

LYNDON POSKITT = "...Myself and the team have decided to release the 'Blazin Through Baja' video for free viewing, the one we released on Vimeo OnDemand at the beginning of the year. This was a tough decision and we thank everyone who supported the project and the production of this video by purchasing it to view on Vimeo, however, it just was not getting the views we needed to help us show what we can achieve and to promote the project. We hope that by giving the viewers the chance to see the production and the quality of it, they would in turn want to support future video's of the same quality and donate towards the series....."

LYNDON POSKITT = "...Anyway, it's official, my entry is in for the Dakar Rally 2017. Last night I completed the online entry and hit the send button along with the first (and very small) initial payment. I need your help in gathering the remainder of the funds for what is set to me a pretty big effort in the Malle Moto Class of Dakar 2017..."

Races To Places returns for season 5 where Lyndon pulls up to party in Bangkok then gets in search of Basil Bike who has ended up in the 'dangerous goods' part of Laem Chabang shipping port!

Looks like Thung Yai Naresuan and the bamboo raft over the Suriya river defeated Lyndon...

[video=youtube_share;_xe82gz7B0g]http://youtu.be/_xe82gz7B0g[/video]

Looks like Thung Yai Naresuan and the bamboo raft over the Suriya river defeated Lyndon...

[video=youtube_share;_xe82gz7B0g]http://youtu.be/_xe82gz7B0g[/video]

Yeah, when he was here in Chiangmai he mentioned that he was going to try to do the Thung Yai Naresuan and the bamboo raft over the Suriya river alone. We all mentioned that he would find it very difficult if not impossible and that proved to be tru.

I don't think he was alone there depend on the Coke Bottle in the Video .
No one carry a Coke Bottle for hours on a Bike and drink Coke when it has 45° and was shaken for hours.
I am sure that bottle came out of the cooler from a service/Camera Team .

I don't think he was alone there depend on the Coke Bottle in the Video .
No one carry a Coke Bottle for hours on a Bike and drink Coke when it has 45° and was shaken for hours.
I am sure that bottle came out of the cooler from a service/Camera Team .

Well, knowing Lyndon (I helped him get the bike imported into Thailand), I know that A) he would actually carry a bottle of coke and drink it warm; and B) he has no support crew. He does all the filming himself and it is even more epic than the riding. Talking with him about it blew my mind.

He's a maniac it the best possible sense of the word. :ride:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MastaMax Cams - Bike, Helmet & Web 6