R.I.P the end of George's bike

esspressolungo

Bikes
Honda XR 250
So finally after torturing his bike for more then 20 years my dear friend succeeded in destroying his beloved bike on the way to a mechanic. A lot of rattling accompanied the departure of this unbelievable bike, that has withstood the utmost torture one can imagine, the valve broke and got into the burning chamber, the impact was fatal....here's a photo:

View attachment 14965

Rest in peace old lady....

• :RE

I believe I've got a similar sight awaiting me when I finally get around to pulling my XL250R apart.

I bought the poor old girl, an '84 model, to ride in a charity Scrapheap Adventure ride a couple of years ago.

I was trying to keep up with my son, riding my MZ250, also from the mid 80's. After about 15 minutes on full throttle, the magic smoke in the engine escaped. Lots of it... white smoke. So much of it, you'd think the bike was Catholic.

It didn't owe him anything. He'll have that back on the road in no time.

Never sent from an I-Phone

Hahaha, you guys are so funny, a bit of super glue is a good one, George's bike somehow reminds me of "Herbie" the old Volkswagen Beetle, it has maybe a book full to tell, it is still undecided if it will be rebuild or not...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Lone Rider Bike Photos 4
Back
Top Bottom