R&D FlexJet remote fuel screw for FCR carb

bill

Bikes
KTM 500 XCW
I just fitted the R&D Flexjet to the FCR-MX carb on my DRZ

http://www.r1dean.com/cart/index.php?ma ... qfj61nb1r3

Worth the $30 I reckon.

Previously had an extended T handle fuel screw which was still a pain to get to and cost around $20

The R&D suggested mounting point is on the rear float bowl screw near the fuel hose elbow.
FLEX-TECH.jpg

This is still a cramped position on the DRZ due in part to the regulator/rectifier being in the way. Also requires a 180degree bend in the flexible wire.
Took around 20mins to make a small aluminum bracket and locate the Fuel screw knob in a less cramped position with less bend/resistance when turning.

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

Can anyone confirm something for me..

I had the 39mm installed when I got the bike.. And have just scored a large tank on ebay and was buying a petcock / fuel tap for it.

But someone online told me the FCR doesnt have a vacuum line and the stock petcock needs one ?? And the DRZ-E was a vacuum line free petcock ?? Or what mods or other solutions is everyone with FCR carbs doing.

Thinking about this, its possible the petcock is related to my short tank range as I have never really emptied a tank just know it hits reserve much faster than my brothers stock carb version.

LivinLOS said:
Can anyone confirm something for me..

I had the 39mm installed when I got the bike.. And have just scored a large tank on ebay and was buying a petcock / fuel tap for it.

But someone online told me the FCR doesnt have a vacuum line and the stock petcock needs one ?? And the DRZ-E was a vacuum line free petcock ?? Or what mods or other solutions is everyone with FCR carbs doing.

Thinking about this, its possible the petcock is related to my short tank range as I have never really emptied a tank just know it hits reserve much faster than my brothers stock carb version.

Why are you buying another petcock, doesn't the stock petcock fit the aftermarket tanks ?

Because I want to have both tanks in as easy 'swap mode' as possible..

The 4 gallon tank and the 'fat arse saddle' I am having made up wont live on the bike in day to day use, just swap over for longer tours. So dont want to be pulling the fuel tap each swap when I can just unbolt the tank and pop the fuel line.

LivinLOS said:

The 4 gallon tank and the 'fat arse saddle' I am having made up wont live on the bike in day to day use, just swap over for longer tours. So dont want to be pulling the fuel tap each swap when I can just unbolt the tank and pop the fuel line.

I've heard of two options for a non vacuum DRZ petcock

Pingle or OEM petcock for WR400

http://www.kientech.com/PinglePetcock.htm

I haven't tried either.

Nice find Bill - i may need that with the 39mm flat side pumper carb

PingelPowerFlo1.JPG

bill said:
LivinLOS said:

I haven't tried either.

KTMphil said:
Nice find Bill - i may need that with the 39mm flat side pumper carb

PingelPowerFlo1.JPG

bill said:
LivinLOS said:

I haven't tried either.

Phil
I have considered it myself. The WR400 petcock is cheaper ,~$40.
Haven't researched if its worth paying more for the Pingle.

I currently have the OEM vacuum petcock with my FCR and it required a vacuum port nipple, Suzuki OEM PN 13685-29F00.
There's two plugs in the side of the cylinder head next to the carb boot. The vaccum port nipple screws into one of those holes.

I was told conflicting info, that the asian model DRZ's dont have the vacuum feed ??

Is that correct ?? and if so why did Phils install become a problem, as his DRZ is an asian model as shown by his cush drive rear wheel.

KTMphil said:
I've just installed an FCR carb today - I my well do this looks like an excellent idea Bill

Phil
Its well worth it, especially if you start making jetting changes.

I was told conflicting info, that the asian model DRZ's dont have the vacuum feed ??

US delivery DRZ400S has a vacuum petcock with vacuum line running from petcock to CV carb. The FCR-MX carb I fitted had no vacuum nipple, so I needed to buy the nipple that screwed into the side of the head.

My old Japan delivery DRZ400S came stock with a non-vacuum petcock.

Went for the first test ride on the DRZ400 with the FCR carb yesterday, huge acceleration improvement.

Tum, who fitted it tells me that the throttle twist needs some kind of adjustment to open the carb fully, this is the next thing I have to look into.

bill said:
KTMphil said:
I've just installed an FCR carb today - I my well do this looks like an excellent idea Bill

Phil
Its well worth it, especially if you start making jetting changes.

US delivery DRZ400S has a vacuum petcock with vacuum line running from petcock to CV carb. The FCR-MX carb I fitted had no vacuum nipple, so I needed to buy the nipple that screwed into the side of the head.

My old Japan delivery DRZ400S came stock with a non-vacuum petcock.

Back
Top Bottom