Pretty cool GoPro Promo video..

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
All shot on the new Hero 3

Spool it up in HD.. Lots of trick shots..

Pretty cool is a weak word to define this vid... Thought they just came out with the Hero 2 a few months ago... Anyways this camera blows anything else away!

199usd for the base model, 399usd for the black "awesome" model that can shoot at the new 'sony 4k' resolution, that is 4096 x 3072 which is 4 times the full HD resolution. Also 1080 full HD at 60 fps and 720p at 120 fps.

Decided to get one of those 10 minutes after watching this video.

I dislike the square design style for the gopro, but without any doubt they are the top dog in cutting edge features and user community..

You can get a special waterproof housing, slap 2 gopros together, and with some software make 3d also.. Think how cool that is, 3d 1080p for a few 100 bucks.. This used to cost 10's maybe 100's of 1000's just a couple of years ago.

I dislike the square design style for the gopro, but without any doubt they are the top dog in cutting edge features and user community..

You can get a special waterproof housing, slap 2 gopros together, and with some software make 3d also.. Think how cool that is, 3d 1080p for a few 100 bucks.. This used to cost 10's maybe 100's of 1000's just a couple of years ago.

With the hero 3 you're talking about 4000p 3d movies ;) of course if you have the tv/projector to render it...
I like the design of the contour more as well, but those specs are amazing, and it seems like they corrected the fog problems in the housing:
gopro-hero-3-black-edition-epic-video-1-620x413.jpg

Also integrated wifi and lots of other stuff (wireless remote...).
Now we have to wait until 1st of November (release date).

With the hero 3 you're talking about 4000p 3d movies ;) of course if you have the tv/projector to render it...
I like the design of the contour more as well, but those specs are amazing, and it seems like they corrected the fog problems in the housing:
View attachment 10849

Also integrated wifi and lots of other stuff (wireless remote...).
Now we have to wait until 1st of November (release date).

Pretty sure the 4000P is at only 15 fps.

True, though it can be great for timelapses and also this means you shoot 15 8MP stills per seconds with no time limit.

Also read if you change the angle to normal instead of wide, as it doesn't use the full sensor, it uses it for a better aperture (don't know how that works) which is great for low light.

And 720p at 120 frames per seconds is just amazing, wonder what other handcam can do that at this price!

Just pre-ordered one from:

https://store.mpgear.com/gopro-hd-h...era-free-32gb-micro-sd-card.aspx?ssaid=218662

and sent it to my shipito address.

I need to upgrade my old 1st generation Contour. Was looking at this and the specs are impressive, sadly let down by the form factor, when are they ever going to re-design this. Here's hoping Contour will follow suite, I think they have to. Fingers crossed they wont be too far behind.

Here's another action camera option from Sony.

Maybe doesnt have the specs of the new GoPro but the size and profile is appealing.
Will be retailing at $199 or $270 for the wifi model

Attachments

• dsc05257.jpg
    dsc05257.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 638
Picked up my GoPro2 around Songkran from Panthip.
Just got a LCD screen for it and now they come out with a GoPro3 *sigh*...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LivinLOS Cams - Bike, Helmet & Web 3
Back
Top Bottom