Planning Three-Days Off-Tarmac Starting from Chiang Rai?

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
Me and my mechanic are taking 5 guys on XR's out for three days next month. They'll be starting from Chiang Rai and want off-road. They're competent riders but we can't be getting into the hairy stuff that me and MastaMax typically get ourselves into.

I'd love to get them up into Mae Hong Son and do some long off-road trails like the Wiang Haeng/Muang Noi Northern dirt loop that ends in Pang Mapha/Soppong but it's a bit of a hike from the Chiang Rai area and I don't want to waste their time on the road. Unfortunately, I haven't spent a ton of time riding around Chiang Rai.

Any suggestions for a three day dirt itinerary with minimal road starting and ending around Chiang Rai?

Alex - there's a lot of trails NW of Chiang Rai. I havn't ridden them but i think Justin knows the area i'll try ask him what it's like, they're all on Auke's GPS map.

Chiang Rai dirt trails.jpg

AlexUSA said:
Me and my mechanic are taking 5 guys on XR's out for three days next month. They'll be starting from Chiang Rai and want off-road. They're competent riders but we can't be getting into the hairy stuff that me and MastaMax typically get ourselves into.

I'd love to get them up into Mae Hong Son and do some long off-road trails like the Wiang Haeng/Muang Noi Northern dirt loop that ends in Pang Mapha/Soppong but it's a bit of a hike from the Chiang Rai area and I don't want to waste their time on the road. Unfortunately, I haven't spent a ton of time riding around Chiang Rai.

Any suggestions for a three day dirt itinerary with minimal road starting and ending around Chiang Rai?

Map Copyright © www.RideAsia.net - Permission to copy required

Thanks, Phil. I saw those but wasn't sure if they were dirt or not. We'll start with this.

Back
Top Bottom