Pimai, Nakhon Rachasima, Thailand

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Pimai, Nakhon Rachasima, Thailand

2012-10-22_091735.jpg

2012-10-22_091815.jpg

2012-10-22_091857.jpg

+1... has to be one of the least known but spectacular sights in Isaan.

That looks very similar to Phanom Rung near Buri Ram...... I had no idea there were 2 ruins so close together. I remember the images at Phanom Rung were all defaced a few years ago...... we visited the very next day and there were shards everywhere (see the Phaiyanaak in the photo)...... bloody terrible that there's no real security at these sites.
Prasat 23.05.08 005.jpg

"Nagas MC. This is a motorcycle club which values and maintains its Thai roots; in fact the name of the Club actually relates to the Naga, or Phaiyanaak, a mythical sea serpent long believed to be a spiritual protector of Thai culture and found in many examples of Thai architecture, along roof gables and corners from humble dwellings to the Royal Palace.

Our Club back patch is actually headed by a top rocker with the Thai word for Naga in Thai script, and our logo is a bar and shield flanked by a pair of golden Phaiyanaak, which we are very proud of and which the Thais are very appreciative of."

There is also a small complete temple just 10 minutes north of Korat, called Phanom Wan. No entry fee, peaceful , no tourists. Maybe a halfway house between Phanom Rung and Pee Mai. Unlike in Cambodia I can find no evidence or remains of the old Khmer stone roads that used to join all the temples in a transport system. There are Khmer ruins all around Korat/ Isaan area although most are just piles of rubble.
DSCF0159.jpgDSCF0158.jpg

I've never been to this one Harry, will go see it for sure.

There is also a small complete temple just 10 minutes north of Korat, called Phanom Wan. No entry fee, peaceful , no tourists. Maybe a halfway house between Phanom Rung and Pee Mai. Unlike in Cambodia I can find no evidence or remains of the old Khmer stone roads that used to join all the temples in a transport system. There are Khmer ruins all around Korat/ Isaan area although most are just piles of rubble.
View attachment 11002View attachment 11003

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KTMphil Thailand 0
Back
Top Bottom