Phongsaly Laos Restaurants

Lone Rider

Blokes Who Can
Bikes
4 Wheels
During my recent trip to Phongsaly I stayed a few nights in Phongsaly. While there quite a few restaurants in town, most of them close quite early so you either have to eat early or find a place which is open during the evening. I asked around at the Guesthouse and these three restaurants were recommended which are all more or less in the center of town.

Yeehua Restaurant and GH (Phone 088-210186) is a Chinese-run family restaurant and guesthouse. They serve tasty Yunnanese and Lao food and it is good place for breakfast. Very friendly people and the husband of the owner speaks good English and is quite knowledgeable about what is going on and what to see/do around Phongsaly. You will find it here: N21 40.981 E102 06.129.

Laoper Restaurant (Phone 030-5788283) serves quite nice Yunnanese and Lao food. The restaurant is located just around the corner from Yeehua at N21 41.007 E102 06.113.

Laojern Restaurant (Phone 030-5887448) serves according to the locals good Lao/Chinese food but I did not eat there as they were renovating the place and the restaurant was a bit of a mess. Located at: N21 41.001 E102 06.044

The Yeehua seems to be more western oriented while the Laoper restaurant was described as being a more authentic Yunnanese restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom