Out of Control KTM200

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
Don't ask coz I dont know how I managed this or even know how it happened. One minute I was riding along quite merrily and then all Hell broke loose for no apparent reason. Doesn't look like it in the video but I crashed quite a distance and took out a village water supply at the same time (sorry for that if your reading this, I didn't have anything on me to repair it with)

Nice little musical number too...

So what did happen ??? Or not really sure.. Looked sudden if nothing else.

I looked down at the gps and noticed a sharp right turn off coming up. Rider error for sure but not because of the power-band. One for the X-files. I dont like being in the front as im constantly looking at the gps to see where im going instead of concentrating on riding. My right thumb is twice the size of the left one at the moment.

Definitely a front end wash out/lose. Very similar to my little off the day Matt broke his leg. Thought i had it under control but didn`t. Just one of those things that can happen.

Hope your thumb is not broken mate!

It looks line those dried up pine needles on the ground, slippery little cnuts at the best of times.

Hope you are okay Johnny. At least you did not wash out with a 500 pound bike like I did.

Can't tell by the video but did the front end start to wash out thus getting into the power band before going down?

I didn't think the front end washed out at all, maybe it did though. The sudden realization of a sharp right hand turn may have caught me off guard. The throttle was inadvertently applied after whatever happened.

haha thanks for the entertainment johnny, I had first row seats for this one!

hope the hands ok fella and that you can still make tommorow's ride!

best of luck

Awesome news, Thumb is broken - 2 months out the game. On a positive note, won't have to go to Africa for a couple of months.

Matt - that night out we were talking about yesterday, we can both sit at a bar now and get caressed by lovelies and talk about the next time on a KTM, YA?

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

SHIT!! sorry to hear that johnny, that sucks big time.

maybe your new ford ranger will have to be your weapon of choice for the hill challenge..

I was thinking that before I completed your first sentence. These KTM 2 strokes are death traps!

How about we meet post NOB ride at the riders corner for a few beers tomorrow? Say 1500? I'll be on my new Honda Click side car outfit.

Matt

Wowzy, that really sucks.... will be back in chiang mai tomorrow night .....if you guys are still out on the town

Matt said:
I was thinking that before I completed your first sentence. These KTM 2 strokes are death traps!

How about we meet post NOB ride at the riders corner for a few beers tomorrow? Say 1500? I'll be on my new Honda Click side car outfit.

Matt

Will I be able to fit in your sidecar? NOB iMobile

"You'll be on the ground before you can say Rekluse" and you thought I was joking!

Seriously though, bad luck mate, the 200 sounds well on the hillclimb, far better than the 300, which is totally unacceptable.
Cue new Akrapovic million dollar silencer.

How's the RMX Luke?

Bad news Johnny. Guess we know how you'll be occupying your time now, haha. Good thing it wasn't you're right hand or you'd really be up the creek with nothing to occupy your time. Course the bandage on the thumb may add something different for your evenings entertainment.

Reckon we need to all chip in and get a gimp mobile for the NOBs. Enough of us have been going down and busted up over the last year that it seems it would be something that gets quite a bit of use. An old battered wave or something that could be piloted by the injured to wobble about with casts without too much worry should be just the ticket. Maybe painted up in Ambulance colors or large "L" plates to add a bit of color to the situation.

bigntall said:
Bad news Johnny. Guess we know how you'll be occupying your time now, haha. Good thing it wasn't you're right hand or you'd really be up the creek with nothing to occupy your time. Course the bandage on the thumb may add something different for your evenings entertainment.

Reckon we need to all chip in and get a gimp mobile for the NOBs. Enough of us have been going down and busted up over the last year that it seems it would be something that gets quite a bit of use. An old battered wave or something that could be piloted by the injured to wobble about with casts without too much worry should be just the ticket. Maybe painted up in Ambulance colors or large "L" plates to add a bit of color to the situation.

It was my right hand ya bugger the photos the wrong way aroond for some reason. Wiping' the rusty bullet hole with my lefty is crypton factor.
Matt has a "Gimp" mobile up and running ready to ferry the war heroes around in.

Johnny looking at those pictures your thump seems totally fine to me, just go on. trust me... :RO

johnnysneds said:

The spill was so hard it knocked your soul patch off center :lol3 :lol3

Two strokes are the Devil's underpants
John 3:16

Hassman said:
Two strokes are the Devil's underpants
John 3:16

Come on dude, get with the Bible Script

Johnny 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life, they named him Johnny"

And He said; 2 strokes, they be the devils underpants in eternity, may the user of such a contraption feel my vengeance and lose the usage of his limbs. Hassman 4:22

1 IN THE BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth.

2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be braap" and there was braap.

4 And God saw that the braap was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light smokers, and the darkness he called valves.

LivinLOS said:
1 IN THE BEGINNING God created the heaven and the earth.

2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the face of the waters.

3 And God said, "Let there be braap" and there was braap.

4 And God saw that the braap was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.

5 God called the light smokers, and the darkness he called valves.

Classic Homer Simpson!

Back
Top Bottom