Our ride in Cambodia - Day 5

DogusB

Bikes
2013 Honda CRF250L
[h=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Day 5[/FONT][/h][FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]We woke up in the morning and I wasn't feeling well, I won't going into details but I asked Nick our host about the day ahead and the photo opportunities that we might come across. His response was "There's nothing to take pictures of". This was a terrible lie and unfortunately I didn't take my camera with me that day and the phrase became a running joke for the rest of the trip.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]The only photos I managed to get where from my GoPro (which soon died), phone camera and what I could grab of Brendan.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]We visited an ancient burial ground, road through numerous villages, went over an epic river crossing, farm lands, passed fisherman, wildlife and one of the best sunsets we've seen so not much to take photos of really :([/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]After hitting a rock or something I managed to crash again and luckily my GoPro was running for this one.[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Here's a video of the ferry crossing.[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]And some footage of some of the trail along the way.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Here's a the photos I managed to get along with a Brendan's.[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Chea and Tony repairing my puncture. [/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]The lunch stop which consisted of a nutritious pot noodle type dish along with a boiled egg (because everything is better with an egg) and a couple of Royal D's.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Some parts of the trail were quite dusty![/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT='Trebuchet MS', sans-serif]Later that night after dinner we could hear music being played, it turns out there was a pop concert going on with hundres teenagers/adults enjoying the music. We paid to get in £2.50 each. Along with the music there were rigged carnival games such as shooting teddy's off a shelf with a pop gun but the bears had clearly been nailed down after 3 direct hits from Nick the thing still didn't budge. Popping balloons with darts was a favourite only to see the darts come bouncing back towards you.[/FONT]
[FONT='Trebuchet MS', sans-serif]
[FONT='Trebuchet MS', sans-serif]Here's an example of the entertainment.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT='Trebuchet MS', sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]Scouse and Nick decided to go on the worlds safest looking ferris wheel.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]There was a photo booth that we all jumped into for a quick shot.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]The resulting photo is here:[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, sans-serif]We covered 200km in around 9 hours 40 minutes traveling from Banlung to Stung Treng this included stops.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom