Ooh-err, my first thread.

Gnasher328

Bikes
Ducati 851 & Mille S2, HD FXR, Trumpet R3, BMW R100RS, CRF 250
Hi All
First, what a fantastic site for a prospective SE Asia rider, lots of great info and encouragement.
I'm Tim from the South Of England.:DD
Last November I was going sailing round Phuket and the skipper had suggested heading up to Chiang Mai and hiring a couple of bikes. It sounded a bit much for one hol and I was a bit dubious about Thailand in general, my only previous experience being Bankok. I went for it anyway and loved it, so much so that I hope to spend some time in CM this winter, partly for health excuses, asthma and continual chest infections in GB winter.
The logistics of spending months instead of weeks away from home seem to increase exponentially so it might be shorter than I had originally intended but hope to be there in December, possibly into January at least.
I would be gratefull if anyone already there can give me any advice on acommodation as I would rather not spend weeks in a boarding house or hostel, I hope to find something fairly self contained.
Phew, that was only supposed to be a few introductory lines. When I get the hang of this I will post a bit about last years wanderings to Pai and the Golden Triangle.
Apologies for any mistakes but I can't find the speeling choker.

Hi there Gnasher and welcome to RideAsia. Great that you have broken your duck! ;)

Sounds like a good plan to spend some of your winter here, it's certainly much nicer than the UK at that time.

You will obviously need to get other inputs and opinion but i believe for 10 quid a day you could get yourself a room in an appartment block and call it home for the duration. You would then be able to do the self contained thing with a base you can depend on.

Alternatively you might want to actually move your base around with you and that would be a little like how Captain Slash does it. Mind you, Colin (CS who will i am sure speak for himself) mainly goes low budget and he selects places to stay based on very minimal requirements but all the same, you could possible mix&match your time here in respect of accommodation.

Thats just my 2 pennith.

Cheers

Ally

Back
Top Bottom