Not Many People Know About this Museum.

Thanks for the reminder Ron to have a look at this interesting war museum in Phrae. I had heard of it before but never remember to visit, and reading the Bangkok Post article it was an important area to combat the Japanese occupation during the war years. I was not aware that Thailand actually declared war on Britain and the US but the US Thailand would not deliver the message.

Gary

The thai government was composed of collaborators but many anti japanese Thai officials were still in leading positions during the war and a FREE THAI resistance was active supplyed by the British, Australia and Americans .
After the war in 1945 the collaborators were arrested by the allies and a FREE THAI government was formed but in 1946 after the death of the king in mysterious circumstances , the Americans against the advice of UK and Australia let the Japanese collaborators out of jail and got them to form a pro USA anti communist government ,,, then many of the FREE THAI politicians were forced to leave thailand or were killed ,, a very murky period of thai history , make your own conclusions .....
Thailand was a very good ally of the USA during the cold war and vietnam period ,but the passing of the politicians from the 1946 era has lessened USA influence in Thailand .

The Seri Thai Museum is located on Yantrakit Koson Rd in Phrae - coordinates N18.14748 E100.14896. There is also a Seri Thai cave in Ban Wiang Ta a bit north-west of Phrae but the last time I was there some 5 years ago it was in bad shape. You can reach it by heading north from Ban Nam Rin on Rd. 1023 on Rd. 4009 and follow the signs of Seri Thai Cave - coordinates of the cave are: N18.27876 E100.05785

Back
Top Bottom