North of the 1096 Singletrack Around Ban Pok

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
View attachment BanPoktoSamoengSingleTrack.rar

Just noticed this wasn't on the North Thailand map. It's an awesome singletrack (plus some truck road sections, but mostly singletrack) from Ban Pok back down to the 1096. Ban Pok is accessible by mostly paved truck road from the PongYang area on the 1096.

You can choose to pop out either at Samoeng or near the big viewpoint on the 1096 (the famous one with the sign "Samoeng Forest").

The track goes through lots of bamboo forests and 5-10 shallow river crossings (in the wet season) but nothing challenging. Very rideable for all skill levels and some good scenery of isolated farms, etc. It really feels different from the more developed Chiang Mai area.

northof1096.jpg

is this the track I did with dannie a coupla times, through a field then in and out of a stream?
been looking for it for a long time

alexuk said:
is this the track I did with dannie a coupla times, through a field then in and out of a stream?
been looking for it for a long time

It must be. Dani took me here about a year ago when I was first starting to ride. I may go explore out that way tomorrow if I don't go to the race in Bo Sang. Shoot me a text if you want to ride.

Back
Top Bottom