Noobie in KL - how do I get my bike here?

Zeroh

Bikes
R1200GS
Hey everyone.

I'm in KL - done a few weeks now - in the process of moving here - but 'they' want 300% tax to bring in my 05 R1200GS & my good lady's 07 Aprilia Atlantic 500 from bonnie Scotland.

Any suggestions? - import to Thailand & ride across the border? - same via Singapore? - advice appreciated...

(I don't really understand how forums work, so tell me where you are & if you're handy, I'll come buy you a beer & talk about it - does that make it 'wireless'?)

If you want to keep it foreign registered and not pay any import taxes, then temporary import is the way to go. Everything you need to know should be in the below links:

Temporary import by sea freight (the best / safest legal way)

temp-importing-a-foriegn-reg-mbike-into-thailand-t101.html

Temporary import by airfreight make sure you have all the paperwork and legalities in order (you MUST be on a tourist immigration visa to qualify at the airport) , after 48 hours the bike cannot be trans-shipped, it's stuck there)

temp-importing-a-mbike-into-thailand-through-bkk-airport-t63.html

KTMphil said:
If you want to keep it foreign registered and not pay any import taxes, then temporary import is the way to go. Everything you need to know should be in the below links:

Temporary import by sea freight (the best / safest legal way)

temp-importing-a-foriegn-reg-mbike-into-thailand-t101.html

Temporary import by airfreight make sure you have all the paperwork and legalities in order (you MUST be on a tourist [s:11kwrzxh]immigration[/s:11kwrzxh] visa to qualify at the airport) , after 48 hours the bike cannot be trans-shipped, it's stuck there)

temp-importing-a-mbike-into-thailand-through-bkk-airport-t63.html

Correction made, from reading your other post linked above. To get your motorbike out of BKK airport you must have a tourist visa and only a tourist visa, not an immigration visa or retirement visa or resident visa. Strange but true. They don't call Thailand a land of mystery for nothing. :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Introductions 2
L Introductions 2
Back
Top Bottom