Non exempt visa entry refusal's at Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
I have a friend (USA passport), who works 30 days in the USA and then 30 days in Thailand, who usually enters Thailand on a 30 day, non-exempt Thai visa immigration stamp. 2 weeks ago, he arrived in Thailand at Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok & was pre-checked in the immigration entry line. They looked in his passport and saw the series of 30 day non-exempt visa entries & even though there were 30 day gaps between his re-entries to Thailand, they said that he could not do this again.

This could be a real headache for the offshore workers too. The USA chap that got caught is looking at getting one of the Thailand Elite visa's to save the headaches

Thailand Elite at a Glimpse Elite Program

thai elite.jpg

Nuts.. As they started this, then phased it out and stopped it being an issue..

Did they stamp his entry.. Some in Phuket got a 'last one' or something stamp on the entry stamp.

They did stamp him into Thailand, maybe an empty threat, but i wouldn't want to test it.

Nuts.. As they started this, then phased it out and stopped it being an issue..

Did they stamp his entry.. Some in Phuket got a 'last one' or something stamp on the entry stamp.

They did stamp him into Thailand, maybe an empty threat, but i wouldn't want to test it.

No I mean did they mark his entry this time as 'last one' or any other notice..

Lots of oil worker mates were very worried about this last year.. But it had stopped being an issue from like Oct / nov or so.

No I mean did they mark his entry this time as 'last one' or any other notice..

Lots of oil worker mates were very worried about this last year.. But it had stopped being an issue from like Oct / nov or so.

No ...thats why it could be an empty threat

No ...thats why it could be an empty threat

I would be testing the water instead of dropping 500 for the 5 year elite.

I have loads of mates in either oil and gas, or who contract outside Thailand and in and out a lot.. When this came up last year there was some nerves but only one had a problem at Phuket airport (the southern points were the most restricted) he was going to get an elite card but then thought, OK go get a double tourist from the UK and see his folks.. And then it all went away.. He was that close to dropping the 500k and would be pissed off if only a few months later it not needed.

Back
Top Bottom