NOB Sunday Ride (12 Feb)

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
There will be a few of us getting together tomorrow for a ride if anyone is interested in joining.

Details to follow.........

Just got the exhaust fixed on the KTM rocket, I should be good as long as its a "leisurely" start time .

422665_10150788306883345_610023344_12566799_1602937753_n.jpg

Where,when and what type of ride?

A later start-1/2 day ride would suit me.

Loop said:

If we can find it we are going up Maxes track and probably down lms to make a loop
maybe meet at Canal road intersection that goes to Hang Dong road at 12 ish?

I can't make it before 3pm so thats probably too late to join the group

jkrfjessjess said:
Loop said:

If we can find it we are going up Maxes track and probably down lms to make a loop
maybe meet at Canal road intersection that goes to Hang Dong road at 12 ish?

Thanks for the info.

I kinda like fast and flowing,is the ride like that or mainly steep/rocky slow going?

Loop, never done this trail before however I hear its fantastic.

Does anyone have the GPX file for these trails?

Meeting Point for tomorrow. 11:30hrs fueled up ready to go.

N18 44.906 E98 56.475

web.jpg

johnnysneds said:

Fantastic open blaster or fantastic hill climb ??

I seem to have a women drama free moment in my life.. So I could probably drag the little WR200 out.. Dont want to put road miles on the YZ (trailer being fabricated at the moment) and its still not resprung for my (cough) weight.

Havent started the WR in a few months so not sure but I could give it a tinker in the am and see.

If its open blast I will give it a go to try to make it..

Come tomorrow Mr. H , it'll do you good to clean your tubes out.

LivinLOS said:
johnnysneds said:

I seem to have a women drama free moment in my life.. So I could probably drag the little WR200 out.. Dont want to put road miles on the YZ (trailer being fabricated at the moment) and its still not resprung for my (cough) weight.

Havent started the WR in a few months so not sure but I could give it a tinker in the am and see.

LivinLOS said:
johnnysneds said:

KTMphil said:

LivinLOS said:
johnnysneds said:

Sorted that this afternoon..

Ohh you mean..

---------

Seriously.. The WR hasnt been started since oct or so.. And is a old thing.. but theres no reason it wont go..

Lot less interested in a trials course tho.. I like the hooning kinda rides..

johnnysneds said:

Does anyone have the GPX file for these trails?
I'm not sure if these are the trails or not. Someone will know

6856793653_d740409238_z.jpg

maxs track and last manstanding

I might join you if all goes well

but at the top of maxs trak the path was very faint, there was a few yards you might have to drag the bike through, and you might want a big saw if you cant find a way around a fallen tree

alexuk said:
at the top of maxs trak the path was very faint, there was a few yards you might have to drag the bike through, and you might want a big saw if you cant find a way around a fallen tree

See thats the kind of thing I am less into.. But hey you guys enjoy as you see fit..

Wont be making it..

Started right up, but on route to fuel and air it I tore the rear tube apart (note to self.. Less hoonage) on low pressure no rimlock tire.

Wont have it sorted by meet time, so will do a road ride.

N.O.B February 12th, 2012 - To Buddha's footprint

A late start which was a pleasure, while waiting for riders it was interesting to watch the locals fit an axle in a cement mixer at the 7-11 on R 121 in hang Dong

6861747047_5f2bcc22a4_b.jpg

A bunch of the usual guys and we a guest appearance by Hienz on his Lifan 200 cross with bald tires.

6861746657_74796b34ce_b.jpg

A great route entering the trails a few KM's west on R 1269 (Samoeng loop road).
track non feb 12.jpg

Jonny was flying up the hard packed dirt hill and got in a nasty deep rut which threw him off, might have bruised or fractured ribs but he carried on

6861746205_9fca8fe7b5_b.jpg

Hienz having a blast on the 46,000 bht Lifan 200 cross

6861745949_26ba2fbf89_b.jpg

Lew's KDX 2 stroke

6861745679_f6c35fcbc7_b.jpg

The 2 Jonny's took a steep trail up to the right, Hienz shouted that the Lifan wouldn't go up it (which was music to my ears), so we took the easier route that joins the turtle trail to the Hmong village.

This bridge looked a little suspect all the bamboo was loose

6861744967_c50d2bdb8e_b.jpg

Lew surveying, seems ok

6861744647_fbabbf9dba_b.jpg

On the turtle trail we bumped into this local all prepared will nob tires

6861744229_82af85ee1e_b.jpg

Looked ideal for the terrain

6861743849_3a4fd1db3e_b.jpg

Lew's KDX started overheating, so he went home at the Hmong village

6861743189_776abc7e36_b.jpg

We all met up for lunch in the Hmong village at the top of Doi Suthep, looks like jonny's pain medication was kicking in

6861742861_190ce1d8f4_b.jpg

Then onwards to Buddha's footprint, here Jonny and Hienz watching Jon try get up an incredibly steep hill on his WR250

6861742577_8876ab6284_b.jpg

Buddha's Footprint is a steep climb but worth it for the views

6861741861_d0634d7faf_b.jpg

The 2 Jonny's

6861740327_e34daa42f1_b.jpg

Hienz not smiling any more at Buddha's Footprint

6861738977_b13b38c338_b.jpg

Being the highest point in the area, Buddha's Footprint has 360 degree views

6861738701_d01b109711_b.jpg

6861739381_05a6cf6683_b.jpg

A great afternoon's riding, Hienz joined us for the first time and loved it

6861738231_0ef97f0126_b.jpg

Great day again apart from a crash thats got me black n' blue!. Here's the complete route myself and Jon completed.

web.jpg

And here's the Topo of the Hell's Gate (is that what were calling it?) section we did, what a fantastic hill climb, can't wait to have a go at this with the KTM. Theres a 100m twisty stretch with a hefty drop to the right that really gets yer bum cheeks going.

web.jpg

Bahahahahahahahahahaha.

Best. Facebook. Profile. Picture. Ever.

Edit. Fixed, click for bigger

Pic missing ??

KTMphil said:
Jonny was flying up the hard packed dirt hill and got in a nasty deep rut which threw him off, might have bruised or fractured ribs but he carried on

6861746205_9fca8fe7b5_b.jpg

Jesus, just noticed the GPS data when I hit that crack/rut in the track. 71Km/h when the bike started to lose it (or more like me) and 31 Km/h when it spat me off.

web.jpg

Oh ya the hill limb to the Big Buddah foot print is almost undoable in the rain, I tried it and never even got a third of the way up. But in the dry its ok.

johnnysneds said:
KTMphil said:

Hope it didn't hurt too much Johnny.

You'll soon get used to it when the 200 arrives!

When do you expect delivereeeeeeee?

Ribs are on the mend Daz, see below, still a wee bit tender!

Don't worry extra body protection on the way for the 200 arrival, should be anytime now........... :jump

the-mantuary-smoked-spare-ribs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom