No Health Insurance, No Entry?

I have never visited Thailand without a comprehensive travel insurance bought here in the UK, travelling uninsured isn't something I would consider doing but I guess lots of people do

Seems like another way to open the door for grafting.

I dont have health insurance here, but with the cost so cheap I havent ever felt I needed it.

^ talk to Keld.

There`s always the unforseen that can happen to anyone...especially bike riders.

I have health cover and am happy to contribute to a reputable company in the hope they`ll pay up if or when needed.

I dont have health insurance here, but with the cost so cheap I havent ever felt I needed it.

Broken Thumb - 120,000 Baht
Broken Arm - 260,000 Baht
Re-operation (after a f*** up) - 90,000 Baht
Broken Wrist - 160,000 Baht

IMO alot of money and worthwhile having health insurance especially if your a biker. I cant comment on the cost for Insurance as my own is through my employer, however would be interested to know what kind of cover is available locally and at what cost.

How much does such coverage cost?

Mine was just under 25k baht for 12 month cover with Buppa. I went with the Bangkok office as the agent here had a great long spiel that just confused me....was cheaper that way too.

This is what I pay in the UK for my trip insurance, this is for 7 months cover
24/7 Backpacker Standard24/7 Backpacker Premier
inv.gif
£125.24 £162.55
Compare cover below
Cover Limit Excess Cover Limit Excess
If you are unable to go on your trip£1,000 £150 £2,000 £100
If your scheduled airline stops trading- - £1,500 -
If your possessions are delayed by 12 hours- - £100 -
If your possessions are lost stolen or damaged- - £1,000 £100
Search and rescue- - £5,000 -
Loss of money or travel documents- - £500 £100
If you need emergency medical attention£5,000,000 £150 £10,000,000 £100
If you have to come home early£1,000 £150 £2,000 £100
Personal liability£1,000,000 - £2,000,000 -
Death and Disability benefit£5,000 - £10,000 -
If you need legal advice- - £10,000 -
If you are mugged- - £500 -
If you are hijacked- - £500 -
boxQ2_bot.gif
inv.gif

I have pretty comprehensive cover provided by AXA PPP through the UK, for myself and my wife the annual premium is £3500 ish I think slightly less. That provides cover for pretty much everything apart from routine dental treatment, emergency is covered there is also the option for repatriation if desired. Previous companies have always provided it in the past, however my current employer does not feel the need to cover us. Myself and a few colleagues spent sometime going through various different providers and for me AXA PPP were the most competitive.

I pay 22,000 baht per annum for BUPA.

So far had 2 operations (approx 150,000) and 2 separate 3 day (approx 80,000 bhat) stays in 10 years so it's break even for me!

Have work insurance too but have to pay first then claim it back in LOS so I prefer BUPA.

Never had a claim refused. Just hand over the card and sign the job ticket when you get discharged!

Back
Top Bottom