Neoprene fork boots available in Chiang Mai

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Neoprene fork boots available in Chiang Mai

Great way of lengthening the life of your fork seals in dusty Asia, neoprene is the perfect material for this job because of it's elasticity and durability.

Available in Chiang Mai, here shown on a Suzuki DRZ 400. Can be made in any length, depending on size 600-700 Bht & 1,000 -1,100 Bht including fitting.

PM me if interested and i'll supply the contact details

fork boot 1.jpg

fork boot 2.jpg

Almost worth having them printed with ride asia or NOB branding..

But what tends to happen is nobody bothers to clean them properly, then shit gets trapped under them an actually lets more dirt through the seals as this dirt has nowhere to go.

They need to be cleaned properly often to work.

They also increase fork "stiction" on the modern bikes as they rub on the fork protectors....they did on my KTM at least as there is not enough clearance when they are fitted.

Personally I don't really care for them, but if you do I would opt for the shorter ones that just cover the seals, not the entire fork leg.

LUFC said:
But what tends to happen is nobody bothers to clean them properly, then shit gets trapped under them an actually lets more dirt through the seals as this dirt has nowhere to go.

They need to be cleaned properly often to work.

They also increase fork "stiction" on the modern bikes as they rub on the fork protectors....they did on my KTM at least as there is not enough clearance when they are fitted.

Personally I don't really care for them, but if you do I would opt for the shorter ones that just cover the seals, not the entire fork leg.

Exactly. Had those on and didn't notice the forks leaking oil. Took them off after 2 rides. Selling them by the way, 600baht (they are real acerbis ones).

Back
Top Bottom