Need feedback and comment on CRF 250L

Sonny Koo

Bikes
KTM adventure 990
Hey guy, i'm from Malaysia, plan to get a small dual purpose (mostly off road), this will be my first off road bike, it seem like very hard to choose and compare between crf n KLX :) especially here (malaysia) or i dunno where to source :bash
KTM 350 Exc was my choice but after realizing "Ready to Race" engine means 10 hour interval on service, i quit :)

Bio data :
175 cm
75-80 kg.
age 40.
some riding experience from the past and stop last few year but bike still with me :WTF.
current ride : Adventure 990 but never off road.
btw i love outdoor and extreme sport (not anymore due to some injury).

any southern thai crf biker here ??
thanks

Hi Sonny Koo & welcome to RideAsia :)

Have you seen these threads, hopefully there is some feedback there for you.

There are quite a few members of RideAsia riding this bike now.

honda crf - Search Results - Ride Asia Motorcycle Forum

Whatever you decide to do, please make sure you share it back with us here, we would appreciate your input.

Ally

Hi Sonny Koo & welcome to RideAsia :)

Have you seen these threads, hopefully there is some feedback there for you.

There are quite a few members of RideAsia riding this bike now.

honda crf - Search Results - Ride Asia Motorcycle Forum

Whatever you decide to do, please make sure you share it back with us here, we would appreciate your input.

Ally

i do search before, just need a bit more confirmation, cause CRF is slightly more expensive then KLX in malaysia (230000 baht not on the road yet), worry on clutch, single cooling issue, spare part availability and my first experience with dirt bike + never saw any (CRF or KLX 250) on the road here yet . . . .

sad :(

Hello Sonny,
I'm a happy CRF owner but for serious off-road use there are reports here that the clutch may not be up to the task.
Yes, I would also be concerned about the cooling during serious off-road work too.

But for an all-purpose bike; ie a bit of everything and not too much hard-core off-road stuff, it's perfectly adequate.

Hello Sonny,
I'm a happy CRF owner but for serious off-road use there are reports here that the clutch may not be up to the task.
Yes, I would also be concerned about the cooling during serious off-road work too.

But for an all-purpose bike; ie a bit of everything and not too much hard-core off-road stuff, it's perfectly adequate.

thanks, for first timer like me, i think i shouldn't be worry so much on clutch n single cooling issue right ???
some leisure, dirt ride n learning ......
btw where i locate have no stock on crf till nov :(

Right!
Hey, November is only a few days away Sonny.
Hope to see a 'first ride report' from you soon.
Best wishes.

What's the price of the CRF in Thailand? Can a Malaysian buy a Thai bike or do you need proof of residence etc?

Thanks.

Methinks sooner or later Honda are going to have to address the clutch issue and they'll probably do it without calling for a recall of sold bikes.

Back
Top Bottom