need carb for Yamaha Nouvo 135

Thump

Bikes
'14 CBR500R; '13 CRF250M; '14 MXS125; '09 Nouvo 135
My '08 Nouvo 135 didn't start well in the mornings, so I took it to the local Yamaha dealer to have it cleaned and adjusted.
It took the mechanics four hours, after which the bike started and ran even worse.
They sent me to another Yamaha dealer in town, that mech seemed to know what he was doing but he couldn't make the engine run any better. He thought it may have been the choke but it turned out the bike didn't start better with a working choke. Guess they screwed something up at the first place.
I was told to get a new carb which is 2,800B. What could I do, I told them to order it.
When I asked how long that would take I was told 14 days.
I asked if there is a quicker way, they called BKK, then told me that carbs are "on backorder" and they couldn't even tell me when they may get one.
I wonder if there are carbs that fit a 135 Nouvo since there are lots of aftermarket parts available for this bike.
Does anybody know where to check, who to ask, how to get a carb for this bike?

Any help is appreciated! :)

I had a similar problem on my Yamaha Mio a few years back. The local mechanic said it was a common problem on the Yamahas and was due to the needle going into alloy and not brass. Basically over the years it would wear a wider hole and then you would start getting problems with starting. He sent me off to buy a new carb and I got it in a Chinese run shop on ChaingMoi road in Chiangmai. They gave me the choice of a copy or a genuine Yamaha part. I went for the Yamaha part and I can't remember exactly but I think it was around 1,100 Baht. It cured the starting problem very nicely. So perhaps you could try a few parts stores rather than the main dealers. Good luck.

I was riding around town, trying to find a place which stored lot of accident bikes, and I asked at some of the bigger MC repair shops, easy to spot by the oil-stained sidewalks, but no luck there. It must be possible to find a used carb! But there aren't many Nouvos around.
Then I discovered a Yamaha dealer in a part of town I rarely go to and asked if they can order one. The woman disappeared in the back and returned with a box, a brand-new carb inside! TIT! There are also positive surprises, after several negative ones...
I asked them to "service" my carb but an older mech said to install the new one before he even had a closer look at mine. Maybe it is a common problem, but on my other Nouvo the problem was the gasket between the carb and the cylinder.
Anyways, got a new carb on the old bike and it runs like new! Cost me 2,900B incl labor.

Back
Top Bottom