Naughty 'Farang' drivers and riders.

2wheels

Community Manager
Bikes
ROYAL ENFIELD CLASSIC
Chiang Mai targets foreign drivers | Bangkok Post: breakingnews

"Police will then start cracking down on foreigners violating traffic laws or driving without an appropriate licence from Nov 1."

:roll:

(Many of the comments are fun ... and true!)

SANY0053.JPG

Maybe they should target the non-helmet users - looks like that the two riders who do use a helmet are quite light skinned and might be farang while the remainder is either helmet-less or carry the helmet in their hand or have it in the basket in front.

I read the article in the BKK Post and was surprised to find that the traffic in CNX was regulated. Not when I am in town its not.

I recently renewed my Thai licenses and sat through the 60 minute 1979 (if I recall correctly) Land Traffic Act video presentation.
'Steamin', there are actually many traffic rules.
Such as, the film said so, motorcyclists being required to use arm signals to stop and to turn right!
No mention of indications (which might explain a lot!) :RE
"What if the biker wants to turn left?", I wondered.

I actually asked a couple of questions.

1 "Yes, safety belts in cars MUST be worn at all times." :deal

2 "Yes, motorists MUST stopped at 'Zebra crossings' for pedestrians to cross. :deal

3 "Yes, only 2 people are allowed on the one motorbike and both must wear a helmet." :deal

Funniest movie I've seen in years!

PICT0031.jpg

When I was getting my licence for the bike or car a couple of years back in CEI I picked up a copy of the Highway Code ( not too many pages therein ) .On the cover was a caricature/cartoon of an old couple sitting in a car , there was a lolipop lady with lolipop and arms outstretched whilst children crossed over the zebra crossing. Fine , but if you see a copy of the highway code you will notice on the cover the old couple in the car are not wearing seat belts.

The BiB's are already hard at it.

Was enjoying a coffee with a mate on Monday and he suggested we go for a ride in his new Pulsar.
Automatically, being good Farang, we both put on our safety belts and headed off.
Turned left near the Airport Plaza to be confronted by a BiB check, with one of them gesturing to us to pull over and stop.
He come to the driver's side window and says (sort of) 'safety belts'!
Here we were, both sitting in the car with belts on as they were when the ride commenced.
The little grub wanted to fine us for not wearing safety belts!
We showed him we were both buckled onto our seats.
So the driver unbuckled, got out, towered over the grub, flashed his Thai license at the guy, got back into the car, put his belt on again and drove off in front of the disappointed officer.

We weren't intimidated but we did wonder how many others would be and hand over the whiskey money ... oops ... the fine.

Oh, whilst we were stationary about a dozen cars drove by and not one Thai driver was wearing a belt.
TiT.

No whiskey from us, so here you are boys :DD

I want to know where I can get one of these nifty helmets..

Mf_aLpTmMZrl08kmtP-cE06XiaQVwymba5oeq1IrpJA=w1070-h600-no

A few years ago when we lived in Hua-Hin and we took a trip to Tak. Pim said before we left to make sure there was 200B in the glove compartment for any fine we might get on our trip. Sure enough on the way around lunch time I was stopped and told I was speeding 10k back down the road, 200B fine I paid for those nice officers lunch which turned up while I was getting a ticket ,oh and by a lady on a scoot who had no hat on. But we have all met up with those !!

Amen to that

Attachments

• image-1589783662.jpg
    image-1589783662.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 359
If I get caught speeding I will happily pay 200Bht - better than £60 + points in the UK.

I would say it was a fair cop if I was caught for speeding but it was on a duel carriage way and had been cruising along for about 15k @ 100kph. Someone ( the old bin ) wanted lunch bought for them. A few months later on the same bit of road I saw tucked away in the trees a 50kph sign, yep just before the checkpoint. Only put there so the local plod could sleep easy.

I got stopped at a road block just outside Pattaya, last time home. Our square tax disc had expired, so I handed the phone over to the nice police officer who spoke with my wife at home, and he gave me the option of a 2000 Baht fine at the police station or a 400 Baht fine on the spot. Needless to say I paid the 400 and got my receipt, when I got home and handed it over to my wife to read, I had been fined 200 Baht for not wearing a helmet on my scooter. As has been previously stated its better than the fines and points back in the UK.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
2wheels Thailand Information 1