Nam Mae Chedi – Wang Nuea – Ki Kho Ma Dam

Ally

Bikes
PCX - with custom valve caps
I took the 118 to get me up to Mae Kachan asap as I wanted to explore the chedi on the mountain at Nam Mae Chedi and as it happened, I also found some other treasures in the guise of a water park and a "Shoppers Breakpoint"
thumbs_img_5175.jpg

thumbs_img_5177.jpg

thumbs_img_5186.jpg

thumbs_img_5195.jpg

thumbs_img_5201.jpg

thumbs_img_5207.jpg

Also on the way up to the top are a couple of beautiful structures & a water tower hosting the usual collection of hanging bee honey combs.
thumbs_img_5208.jpg

thumbs_img_5217.jpg

thumbs_img_5228.jpg

The chedi is still very much under construction.
thumbs_img_5233.jpg

thumbs_img_5237.jpg

Interestingly the stuff they make the smooth surfaces with comes in bags and as is quite course & also contains lumps. The labour put it through a pummling process (the machine) to get the lumps out and then discard the rubbish.
thumbs_img_5241.jpg

thumbs_img_5242.jpg

thumbs_img_5244.jpg

They then lay the fine powder on a plastic sheet to further dry in the sun.
thumbs_img_5245.jpg

thumbs_img_5252.jpg

Lunch was awful at a roadside eatery, I wished I hadn't.

I took the 120 over to Wang Nuea and then 1035 south towards Chae Hom and checked out the magnificent waterscape called Kio Kho Ma Dam.
thumbs_img_5254.jpg

thumbs_img_5255.jpg

thumbs_img_5259.jpg

thumbs_img_5273.jpg

thumbs_img_5275.jpg

thumbs_img_5285.jpg

thumbs_img_5291a.jpg

Riding down the 1035 I had planned to take the 1335 but got so carried away with BB purring sweetly & smiling to myself what a wonderful life this is, that I sailed straight past the turning and therefore decided to check out the back end of Kio Lom Reservoir instead of the usual front door visit that Slash makes there. – Next time!

Down to Lampang & at Hang Chat on the 1039 BB clocked 999 km's.
thumbs_img_5298.jpg

Awww how sweet!! 8-) We're booked in Tuesday for the first service. (Had the oil changed last week at 600km)

What a wonderful ride.

You can see more here ...

Ally

" .... with BB purring sweetly .... "

Aha, so it's official then!

Nice report Ally.
Yet another lovely circuit so close to home.
Lucky here aren't we?

Yep it's official :lol:

Indeed there are so many places to see in northern thailand, now with this wonderful bike I can get to even more further afield.

Ally

Happy with the BB then Ally? that chedi at Mae Khachan doesnt look much different to what it did back in march 2011

Thanks Harry :d

This style of post isn't everyones liking but there are places to see & things to do on tarmac, on a roadbike, near to home that the majority of people never see :hmm

Hope your keeping well.

Ally

Some-one once said to her excited boyfriend, "Hey, you don't have to go too far to have a good time." !

Personally, I like that sort of report Ally.
We often ride past what is near. I'm sure looking forward to discovering what's around my new area next week.

RideAsia pretty well covers it all; long distance reports, mild off-road reports, serious off road reports, near to home reports.
It's got it all covered. :DD

Ally said:
.................. there are places to see & things to do on tarmac, on a roadbike, near to home that the majority of people never see :hmm
Ally

Yeah, I have been thinking about that issue also quite a bit. Spend a lot of time in Laos and planning again to go but it will take me two days to reach the place I want to go to and more or less the same time to go back. During these 3-4 days I could also day trips around Chiangmai like you do and see more than what I will do on my trip to Laos - decisions time again!

Ally,
Great report. I have been spying that big chedi on my last few Mae Sai runs. I have been wanting to get up there.
I suggested it as a stop for the next Chiang Rai ride as it is near the 118/120 intersection. Do you think that is a good idea?

Ally,
Great report. I have been spying that big chedi on my last few Mae Sai runs. I have been wanting to get up there.
I suggested it as a stop for the next Chiang Rai ride as it is near the 118/120 intersection. Do you think that is a good idea?

Hi Jb & thanks for the compliments.

I fear not such a good idea. The carpark would be full with more than a couple of bikes and when you get there there is a loo & a view.

Nice idea though.

Ally

Back
Top Bottom