N.O.B ride Friday 30th March 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400

So who's around?

Mr sneds - are you back from the Mozambique Channel, ready to take the KTM 200's cherry?

Max -- you free?

LUFC is away

LivinLOS -- waiting for this fridays excuse (skirts to iron? 3 conference calls?)

Stokes70 is in the UK

Might be able to drag Hassman out

Matt's got a broken foot

JFKKFFS is in the Uk

Loop?

Jim?

Rudi?

Tony (don't get us banned from any more trail areas)?

AlexUK is in Laos with George

BignTall is in prison

who have we missed???

Should be good to go this week..

Tinkering with a new sprocket gearing.. want to get to the test area or get a ride in inbetween..

I would but when the weather report says over 100 degrees on friday I make no commitments except maybe the pool!

^ Probably closer to 105 (39C),pool does sound good...

I`m a likely starter.

Probably not, going for a riding weekend Sat-Sun around Mae Sarieng.

Don't worry too much about the heat, went last Friday and last Sunday. It's hot but a bit higher in the mountain there is wind and shade, it's totally ok: (last Friday on a solo NOB ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmaKEaLEjp8

If you want some of the Mae Sariang trail info let me know

Mae Sariang trail area.jpg

MastaMax said:
Probably not, going for a riding weekend Sat-Sun around Mae Sarieng.

Don't worry too much about the heat, went last Friday and last Sunday. It's hot but a bit higher in the mountain there is wind and shade, it's totally ok: (last Friday on a solo NOB ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmaKEaLEjp8

Awesome, will come by the RC for dinner and bring my GPS. Thanks!

Some really nice trickery there.. The slo mo and edit jumps.. Love the focus shift with the ant too..

Is that just post processing or using the gopro hero slow mo stuff ??

Nice vid Max...you sure put the wind up that ant.

Thanks for the feedback. Filmed only with the contour so all the effects are done post-processing using premiere/after effects.

Bloody hell Max! what an awesome video, really, really enjoyed watching that over and over. You definitely have some real video editing skills and the music fitted in perfect with the slow mo - well done dude. Plenty of time and effort went into creating and editing this, you deserve an Oscar (or a NOBAR) award for this.
The focus part at the end, I take it this was done on your editing software - burring the fore/backgorund out?

What fps was this shot at 60/1080p or 60/720p? im thinking about the 1080P Contour now as my 720p only does 60fps at some crappy resolution.

:RO

Thanks Johnny :D
The contour HD films at 720p 60fps. Then edited it in 480p as the camera was on the floor and not perfectly framed I used the extra resolution as "digital zoom" and positioning.
Used Twixtor for slow-mo, input is at 60fps, output at 30fps so I had an extra 30fps to make the slow-mo look better, wished I had a proper camera that could shoot at 120+fps ...and a tripod.
The simulated focus it is done using blurring and masks.

I'm in, if the meeting point is not too far from Hang Dong or in the City. Any route in mind?

I'm off to Mae Sariang mapping Friday , so won't be able to make the N.O.B ride ...

Maybe you guys can arrange to meet at the 700 year sports stadium 0930-1000am?

Can someone give me the coordinates of where the dirt trail from the bamboo forest meets the tar road that we ride back to Mae Rim.

Thinking about unloading the bike there and just doing all the dirt from there to where the Buddha footprint trail starts just north of Tard Mork falls and back again. All dirt and minimal paved road that way.

I am up for giving that a go.. With the heat some nicely moving trails will be welcome.

KTMphil said:

So who's around?

Mr sneds - are you back from the Mozambique Channel, ready to take the KTM 200's cherry?

who have we missed???

Not back til' Tuesday, but will be ready for next Friday's NOB

Back
Top Bottom