N.O.B ride Friday 27th April, 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
[pre:1x4t6t6v][/pre:1x4t6t6v]N.O.B ride Friday 27th April, 2012

We've got to NOB's injured-in-action

we could go early before it gets hot if people are interested.

Started off great.. Set a real pace out the gate, to be expected with Rossi leading and Luke toying with his new 450.. Couple of early bails.. No one hurt.. Really nice start tho, fast and fun, great pace, easy trail, enjoyable..

Scotty had a bail and tools came loose, then some strapping went into the rear chain and messed up the chain guard.. we got that pulled off and sorted but he then didnt have a chain guard / follower.. Plus he was pissed at losing his tool setup (opps) just when he needed it !! This was on some good fun single track that was turning into no track..

Then George (georgie ??) had a problem with the KLX.. Wouldnt start and deep into the trail.. Rossi was time constrained and bailed.. at which point we were at the no track point of the trail :) And after that the group kinda fell apart a bit.. Frank used the KTM torque tractor to pull george out of the jungle and after some serious indecision we regathered for water.. Scotty then agreed to tow George back to the MX track.. Lew and I were going to try a trail from Samoeng over back to Mae Rim just us, but when we saw at the next junction (which gave me where we were) how far we were out from Samoeng, and knowing the others were going to go Samoeng and back via obkham side, while our cars where in mae rim, we decided to head back to the MX track so I could give george use of my trailer to get the bike home. I didnt like the idea of just abandoning him as soon as he ran into trouble..

I then had what I thought then was a fouling plug but now think is an O ring gasket issue.. Managed to drop my bike while on the trailer and had one hell of a time getting both mine and georges strapped down with the few ties we had.. Managed it all ok in the end tho but was starting to be a comedy of errors by then..

Wont be making the next few.. Will be sampling the delights of Cambodge.

LivinLOS said:
I didnt like the idea of just abandoning him as soon as he ran into trouble..

Well that wasnt quite the case, He ran into trouble about 2 hours before in the middle of the trail and the only one to help him was Frank who towed him out the jungle while me, you and others sat around waiting.

2 hours of farting around waiting was enough for me, as soon as we got to the tarmac then I thought it should be George's responsibility to get himself back, after all it doesnt take a rocket scientist to flag down a pick up and ask to get to chiang mai, that really isnt a lot to accomplish and I'm sure many of us, me included have had to do that at some point riding in Thailand.

IMHO in this PARTICULAR case as soon as we had got george out of the jungle then it is his own responsibility to get home, without ruining any more of our days riding by faffing around waiting.

Before anyone calls me a bastard, then I must say that most of the riders I have spoken too agree with me on this case and yesterday In fact I did double up Mark Rossi 30kms out of the jungle after he snapped a chain off in the middle of the forest.

Sincerely

Mr. Stokes.

Yeah.. fair enough.. But I had a trailer so could actually make a difference to his day..

Come on, whats happening with the NOB Ride tomorrow???????

Names, Routes, Meeting Points...........

Here's a great days riding. Hells gate (you can miss this out if its too much and continue onto the Hmong Vilage), up to Buddha Footprint after lunch and some great flowing downhill, ending with the ever satisfying Huat Thung Tao short cut.

web.jpg

the yellow bit- is that the hard to find start in orchard-singletrack up with lots of bamboo?

The yellow section is to bypass Hells Gate and onwards to the Hmong Village.

7114833101_02a24ce73c_z.jpg

looks good but I prefer this start
( or a hardersection nearby)
My bike's a bit slack but could be ok for tomorrow.
Anyone going?

Looks like a big negatory for tomorrow. I will be at the RC for 19:00hrs for some JD and food and onwards for some adult entertainment.

Phil - thats just a scratch ya fanny :lol3

Like I've already told Johnny, you guys seem to spend a lot of time picking bikes up.
That'll buff out too.

My bike will be off the road for a couple of weeks with a bit of maintenance being done.

Back
Top Bottom