N.O.B ride Friday 20th April 2012

johnnysneds

Bikes
Multistrada 1200S Touring, WR450F, KTM200EXC, Gas Gas 280, PCX
Anyone have any suggestions/preferences for this upcoming NOB Friday ride?????????????

Woo-Hoo Im finally in, RMX450 is here life is fantastic.
Dont really care where we go, I like it all, happy to follow whoever chooses the tracks..
I do know loads of trails out the back of samoeng though so if anyone wants to go that far one day I have a few routes in mind.

Stokes70 said:
Woo-Hoo Im finally in, RMX450 is here life is fantastic.
Dont really care where we go, I like it all, happy to follow whoever chooses the tracks..
I do know loads of trails out the back of samoeng though so if anyone wants to go that far one day I have a few routes in mind.

You have the floor, I want to be a follower. Post some routes up so we can have a lookie

I will try my best to join this ride, no matter where we go...looking forward to it

Out Samoeng way would be good.

i`d be quite happy to truck my bike all the way out there providing the finish point is not too far away?

I'm in and up for anything as long as it's not boring truck roads :)

Let's count on Mr. Stokes to lead us this Friday! Meeting where and what time?

If we`re riding from Samoeng not much chance of avoiding tar unless you truck the bike there.

Somewhere at Samoeng would be an ideal meet up?

No-one wants to do tarmac! its just that sometimes you have to do a bit of tarmac to get somewhere a bit different, I think it should go without saying that an enduro ride will always endeavour to use as little tarmac as possible!

We may have a guest appearnace from the revered Mr. Rossi, if we pull off this scope then I think he has something with a lot of singletrack involved that will get us out samoeng way.
however if he doesnt come then we will have to work something else out, I dont really care where its all fun to me..

Don't think I can ride tomorrow. Had a bit of a crash into a tree yesterday!!!! Off for an X-ray on my hand this morning :(
Frank will still be going tomorrow.

Hope you're alright Johnny!

So let's say the meeting point is at Rossi's (Mae Rim MX track) at 9:30 ready to go, if something comes in-between and he can't come we'll figure something out.

Still to go to Samoeng on Rd ??

Because if your heading to Samoeng the MR way is by far the long way round for me.

Where is the actual planned ride.. or is that still totally open ??

LivinLOS said:
Still to go to Samoeng on Rd ??

No definitively not, there are some nice trails from Mae Rim to Samoeng coming from the north side.

OK 9.30am at marks place it is then.

1. tracks are marks own that go pretty much from mae rim to samoeng with no more than few kms of linking up tarmac.

2, from samoeng after lunch we can come back through the ob khan national park or head down to mae wang and back that way, or we can do a loop out of samoeng, there are many options and its best to play it by ear. who knows how many of our compadres may be maimed or disfigured by then??

3. no I dont have a map, but mark does have everything on his GPS, he knows how to work it(just) so we should be ok and I would rate survival chances at a pretty safe 98%.

4. I will be heading out from the city at about 9.00am, hopefully see you all out at marks then!! woo-hoo

purplhonda said:
does anyone have a map of where the track is

http://g.co/maps/rdkr3

That show up ok (not sure about if that maps links are set to private or not) ??

Basically x center, then next right, up the rd a few 100m on the left.

A map of the meeting point is what I'm looking for , not sure where that is .

Thanks

Did that link now show one ??

I think we need a headcount for tomorrow, probably best if everyone coming gives a definite " yes" on here otherwise we wont know how many people and who to wait for tomorrow morning...

So far I know of:

Khun Mark, KTM450EXC

Max, WR250F

Frank the Tank, KTM690R

Myself, RMX450Z

anyone else coming along?? purplehonda?, loop? livinLOS??

P.s Phil Im loving it, its a dream!

Yeah am in...

Back
Top Bottom