N.O.B ride 15th June, 2012

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
N.O.B ride 15th June, 2012

There is a Chiang Mai Toy Ride event this Friday (8th June, 2012) -

upcoming-rides/friday-8-june-2012-chiang-mai-toyride-chiang-dao-t1937.html

I will check who's around for a ride on Friday 15th June, 2012 & get some route ideas. Being wet now, we'll need some different route choices, maybe Mr. Sneds's thumb will be healed enough for riding.

50/50 I will be back end of next week.. Itching to get muddy..

So is anyone up for riding this Friday. I have the WR ready to go at long last!
Would appreciate a girlie route.

I'll see who's around

LUFC is back in the salt mines

Stokes 70 will be down south at the track

Matt's leg is still gimpy

So a few MIA

johnnysneds said:

johnnysneds said:

Can't handle the 2 stroke eh, I wondered how long the love affair would last.

LUFC said:
johnnysneds said:

Can't handle the 2 stroke eh, I wondered how long the love affair would last.

Don't despair, the love is not lost. KTM is in bits being rejetted and the clutch override fitted.
Now I think ive sussed out why I crashed that day. Justin was around the other day and took it for a spin. When pushing it out the drive and around the corner onto the road the revs increased quite rapidly! On further inspection the throttle cable was fouling on the steering stabiliser causing it to apply throttle without any input. Im pretty sure this is what happened just before I crashed. I couldn't figure it out at the time and this would explain why it went mental all of a sudden. It has now been tywrapped loosely to the fuel vent hose to keep it out the way of the stabiliser.
I hope the JD Jetting kit sorts the fueling out as its all over the place, failing that I will require your expertise on your return krap!

Ah, good that you found that!

I think the standard throttle cable is a bit on the short side and can easily be pulled from the top of the carb causing a bit of flapping, so I bought the longer Motion pro cable, which is also has a better adjuster at the throttle end.

Jetting, both my KTM and Berg were far too rich, I guess your 200 will be also for Thai conditions.

Have a wee look at the plug, I suspect its pretty black and sooty.

If so try going one size down in the MJ and put in the next leaner needle on clip # 3 and start from there.

Not sure what needle you have, maybe NOZH, but a leaner NOZI needle will clean up the mid range for sure.

Looks like I am out of order for a couple of days, stator of the XR needs replacement...have fun

Apologies can't make Friday, other things have popped up

I am pretty mai sabai right now but should be better by friday. Would like to get out for a nice ride so I will stay tuned. Lurking :roll:

Still beachside.. Can't imagine I will still be here by next fri, however good the weather and seafood is being..

Back
Top Bottom