My Honda is at home

Capss

Bikes
Suzuki RF400R, BMW R1100S, BMW 1200GSA, BMW 800GS, Gas Gas 450F, Honda CRF250X Yamaha XT600E, Honda CB500x
My new CB500x was delivered on Friday 2nd Dec
I have purchased some bits and pieces for it, including pannier rails for my Magadan 2's

Wayne

You will have many a great trips ahead of you on that bike…👍

The bike looks great. I'd have rather been on a 500X on the weekend than the GS1200.... mostly because of the lower weight and in my case better riding position

There is a little bit of vibration through the throttle side of the handle bars, which I didn’t notice when I had my wife on the back!

There is a little bit of vibration through the throttle side of the handle bars, which I didn’t notice when I had my wife on the back!
Vibration or a slight buzziness? I was asked to do the break-in kilometers on a new 500X for a rental company here in CNX a couple of years ago - thought it was a smooth runner up/down through the gears.

But then, WTF do I know, my first "big bike" was a 1945 Indian Chief? The bar ends moved (vibrated) up and down 20 + mms at idle or any speed. The H-D I had next, a 45 cubic incher, had the same bar end movement, as did the next H-D. I logged a lot of miles on those three motorcycles, thought nothing of vibration. Part of the evening check-list was to tighten nuts and bolts from a day of vibrating. Photo is my '46 Indian Chief - vibration is part of the operating function, let's you know the beast is running.

I suspect you'll not find your 500X needing any evening wrenching to keep things like the front fender from falling off the next day (part of my Indian and H-D learning curve) . As you noted, the vibration wasn't there with the lady on the back - if going solo load your top box with 40-50 kilos of bagged cement?

My take-away on your Honda - great choice, one or two-up, with or without the kilos on the back. Give us a little reportage after 1,000 kms?

46 Chief 1 small(600 x 450).jpg

Dr G

Professor of Motorcycle Adventure, SOUND RIDER magazine, and Adventure Motorcycle University
Moto-Journalist, author, script consultant and motorcycle wastrel
Latest book: ADVENTURE MOTORCYCLIST: FRAZIER SHRUGGED (2022-Amazon)
Sole sexual survivor: www.greataroundtheworldmotorcycleadventurerally.com

Nice Indian Chief
Yeah I will do
Going for a bit of a longer run tomorrow, so hopefully I will know more

Back
Top Bottom