MotoZ Tires

AlexUSA

Bikes
XR280R, Dash 125 (supercup) , DT125
Motoz Tire Range

Bought a pair of MotoZ "Tractionator Enduro I/T" (intermediate terrain) tires for my XR250 a few weeks ago but have been out of town and haven't tested them yet.

376987_156853751085767_100002834286426_206828_2122948255_n.jpg
The above picture shows the MotoZ next to my Quick rear.

If the terrain is varied with a lot of tight single trails and likely to be wet, loose and varied through all extremes, Tractionator® Enduro is a wise choice. Excels on steep hill climbs and tight twisting single trails where the bike needs to change direction quickly. It is sure footed on rocky steep declines and heavy braking situations. The rear uses unique patented outer block angles that work to wedge with the terrain, creating drive and lift over obstacles and rutted out rocky hill climbs. Tractionator® Enduro gives superior grip for late braking and tight cornering. New 80/100-21 front available March/April 2009.

Designed for use in conditions
90% Dry - 10% Wet
75% Hard - 25% Soft

These tires are intended for intermediate enduro conditions and unlike their motocross tires that have a rounded profile, these are a bit flatter for more grip going uphills and in singletrack conditions where you don't have long, sweeping turns. I believe these are a similar profile but just a step below the more enduro competition oriented "Tractionator X-Circuit". KTMPhil has the S/T (intended for softer terrain) on one of his DRZ's. Lots of good info on the MotoZ website.

Nae at CMMX has the Tractionator Desert H/T, Tractionator S/T and I/T but I got mine for about 30% cheaper at the Honda bike and accessories shop on Sithiwongse Road (The road north of Chiang Moi Road outside the old city that heads toward the Ping River). You may have to ask them to dig around in the back a bit to find them.

Interestingly - My tires say "Made in Thailand". Not sure if some MotoZ products are made in Australia or maybe there is a Thai factory as well.

Those tires look good.
Here in Laos the only tires imported are the IRC Motorcross tires, Soft terrain.
Great for sticky mud conditions but the profile and tread pattern are not perfect for trail riding.

I did buy some "Tracula" tires last season but one had a chunk of metal molded into the sidewall, obviously seconds, out the back door. The rubber was hard as a rock also.
130 80 18.
Are Dunlop 603's available.

What is a available in Chaing Mai? Size and price?
Thanks in advance.
Don

tirestack.jpg

I have this fitted on the rear at the moment. Heard alot of negatives with them but I must say its been ok. A side note though, the compound is very hard. I tried unsuccessfully to put it on myself, ended up taking it to cockpit and even then they had a nightmare trying to install it with their machine. I'll be fitting the IRC next time.

Dealers around the world. Peru, Ukraine and Iran but no Thailand!

Distributors
Australia

NSW, VIC, S.A, TAS - (02) 9604 8860 - QLD, NT (07) 3277 0693
www.proaccessories.com.au/dealers.htm
WA Phone (08) 9355 2001
USA -Pacific Power Sports, (951) 6987991, (951) 6987878 www.pacificpowersports.info
Canada - Motovan. (450) 4497773, www.motovan.com
New Zealand - 454Unlimited 03 3662144 www.454.co.nz www.motoz.co.nz
Spain -Dream Machine, 96-252 4561 www.dream-machine.net
Germany -Delticom AG, +49(0)511-93634-868, www.delti.com
Poland -Olek Motocykle, 48 33 810 1905 www.olekmotocykle.pl
Finland -Action Motorsport, www.motoz.fi
South Africa -Centaur Imports, (27) 83 272 1402 www.motoz.co.za
Venezuela -Soloson Imports, (212) 2385686, www.solosonimport.com
Greece - Motozone (0030)2102282258, www.motozone.gr
Peru - Barbacci Motors. www.barbaccimotors.com (511) 4409073
Ukraine - www.motoshina.com.ua (380) 456399934
Iran - Satrap Motors

I`ve just bought a MotoZ 80/100x21 front for my KDX but haven`t used it yet.
I wanted a IRC but there was none available.
I`ve got a 110/100 IRC Vulcanduro VE 33 on the rear which works really well in all terrains but it is a little bigger than the stock 100/100 which i couldn`t find anywhere at the time.
Think i`ll go back to the standard size when i need to replace it though as it makes the gearing a tad tall.

The [highlight=#ffff40:2t5iq3gf]"hard rubber" syndrome[/highlight:2t5iq3gf], a sure sign of a [highlight=#ffff40:2t5iq3gf]seconds tire[/highlight:2t5iq3gf] that has been laying around in a hot warehouse for a long time.
Those made in Thailand IRC's are usually very fresh!

The front tire tends to make the bike a little wobbly when you mount a new tire.
My remedy that gets many chuckles from onlookers, is to give the tire a knob cut...
Chicklets

tire-trim.jpg

Size selection at the Honda shop was not good - basically just one or two tires in a variety of sizes. CMMX can probably get any size you need.

Interesting to hear you found the compound hard, Johnny. I can say they are far softer than Quick (fresh tire compared with fresh tire) and my mechanic says they are equivalent to the IRC compound which is pretty soft.

Today I gave them a serious test at our new track in San Khampaeng where we had a few water obstacles with very slippery slopes. An expert rider who was swapping bikes thought they did really well on the slick inclines compared against a few other setups that were at the track (admittedly motocross profile hard compound/soft terrain tires).

Bonus Photos from our track today:

Photo0245.jpg

Photo0244.jpg

Back
Top Bottom