Motorcycle crating & Bangkok customs agent

KTMphil

Bikes
2007 KTM 990 Adventure Suzuki DRZ 400
Reed just used the following USA crating company & Bangkok customs agent and was highly impressed

"I highly recommend this crating co." :

Arturo J. Pena
Pacific Crating And Shipping
1008 Revere Ave
San Francisco Ca, 94124
Phone #: (415) 822-1449
Fax #: (415) 822-1809
E-mail: Arturo@pacificcrating.com

"I also recommend this custom clearance broker in BK.
I can't imagine another company doing a better or more efficient job.
They handle a lot of mcs, cars, and yachts, so this is right up their line.
"

Prompt Shipping Co. Ltd.
Khun Nikorn
081-841 4184
nikorn@promptshipping.net

Thanks, I will ask K. Nikorn if they can do the Enfield(s).

KTMPhil,

Your post saved my day:

I found Khun Nikorn and Khun Mon to be the help I needed in shipping my bike back to the U.S.

many thanks for your recommendation of Prompt Shipping Co. Ltd., indeed.

Here is a link to my blog:
MotoASIA_2013-14

Beware of VANGUARD Logistic Services, Bangkok!!!

​One would assume that the shipping agent and company which conducted the shipping of the motorcycle from the U.S. to Thailand in 2013 would be the natural choice for return trip shipping.

Maybe in theory. But in reality one could not be more wrong!

To deal with VANGUARD's local Bangkok office was an experience I will not forget easily. Here, the level of customer disservice is defined anew. I have never encountered a more confusing, unhelpful, disorganized and unprofessional way of dealing with me, the paying customer. Their business policy seems to be to make it as hard as possible for a customer, at least in the case of a private shipper, like myself. On top comes their utter inability to speak English.

Maybe they deal with their regular commercial customers in a different way, who knows. I, at least, don't, and I don't want to know.

Due to my limited time here in the country I needed to get the return shipping squeezed in during my stay here, of course. My time in Thailand cannot be extended, plus the bike only has a temporary import license until the end of the month of January. After that, customs penalties will be applied (max. 10,000 Thai Baht up to 6 month, after that, potential confiscation of the vehicle.)

VANGUARD and their dismal 'service' did cost me around three precious weeks of my stay here, and without materializing into any tangible result.

Back
Top Bottom