MotoGp: The Ducati team

Mark Rossi

Vals new team looks sweet. Has anybody seen pics of Stoners new ride?
2011-ducati-motogp-sepang-test-day-two%204.jpg

Wow! Stoner's graphics look awesome, the Aussie's and Honda have always blended well, you may be right Stoner could be the man on a mission
Pedrosa sporting a new look as well
pedrosa_37.jpg

guys those honda photos are from the valencia post season test, they wont be the livery that stoner rides in for 2011. i think the best way would be for a blank white fairing as whatever the livery is it will get ruined when stoner loses the front end and bins it in the sand trap. just like when marlboro actually requested to put their name on the recovery truck and the marshalls uniform rather than on stoners bike with the aim of obviously a bit more air time.

Stoner kept falling of because the desmo front end was not right, Hayden had the same problem, all front end crashes..

Stoner is going to spank them Sarge...

we will see ktm chris, I do seem to remember him crashing a lot when he was on the honda in 2006. not denying he's very fast but he is a crasher( like me). Lorenzo seems to have come on a lot more than stoner in my book. Its difficult to see him being beaten unless HRC make another rocket and add stabilizers for stoners bike.
BRING ON THE SEASON!!!

Spank my good man, he did fall off the Honda a lot, he staid on the Duke for a long time,won the championship even..

2010 was a disaster, fell of all the time..

but none as spectacular as Lorenzo...

caption_004.jpg

Stoner back with old mate Livio!!! Rossi already playing his chances down!!!!!,Dani will be fine if he doesn't fall of and break himself..

then you have Spies who could be the big surprise...

Lorenzo will get pushed real hard this year..

bring it on...

provisional entry list here....

Provisional 2011 MotoGP entry list released
Monday, 24 January 2011

The FIM has announced the provisional grid for the 2011 MotoGP World Championship.

The FIM has announced the provisional entry list for the 2011 MotoGP World Championship, which gets underway on March 20th with the opening round in Qatar.

The provisional entry list is as follows:

1; JORGE LORENZO, SPANISH, YAMAHA FACTORY RACING, YAMAHA

4; ANDREA DOVIZIOSO, ITALIAN, REPSOL HONDA TEAM, HONDA

5; COLIN EDWARDS, AMERICAN, MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3, YAMAHA

7; HIROSHI AOYAMA, JAPANESE, SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI, HONDA

8; HECTOR BARBERA, SPANISH, ASPAR TEAM, DUCATI

11; BEN SPIES AMERICAN, YAMAHA FACTORY RACING, YAMAHA

14; RANDY DE PUNIET, FRENCH, PRAMAC RACING TEAM, DUCATI

17; KAREL ABRAHAM, CZECH, CARDION AB MOTORACING, DUCATI

19; ALVARO BAUTISTA, SPANISH, RIZLA SUZUKI MotoGP, SUZUKI

24; TONI ELIAS, SPANISH, LCR HONDA MotoGP, HONDA

26; DANI PEDROSA, SPANISH, REPSOL HONDA TEAM, HONDA

27; CASEY STONER, AUSTRALIAN, REPSOL HONDA TEAM, HONDA

35; CAL CRUTCHLOW, BRITISH, MONSTER YAMAHA TECH 3, YAMAHA

46; VALENTINO ROSSI, ITALIAN, DUCATI TEAM, DUCATI

58; MARCO SIMONCELLI, ITALIAN, SAN CARLO HONDA GRESINI, HONDA

65; LORIS CAPIROSSI, ITALIAN, PRAMAC RACING TEAM, DUCATI

69; NICKY HAYDEN, AMERICAN, DUCATI TEAM, DUCATI

It would appear that Mr Stoner is bang on it, with his new mates close behind, Honda wants this last 800cc crown more than ever, gonna be hard to beat them...

As for Yamaha I think it's going to be Spies who impresses the most, there going to miss 46 big time on the development side of things, which brings me to Ducati....Rossi isn't that far off the pace seeing he only has one good shoulder.

Who can call it.........

phil do you fancy running a little book, top 3 prediction, winner takes all but the money goes to one of the Orphanage's.....bit of fun, if nobody get's it right the money still goes in the same direction

1000 Bt stake and you lucky guys in Thailand get an excuse to go for a ride and deliver the cash...so pick a charity along way from home...... fantastic excuse to go for a ride..

I'm going with.....Stoner, Spies, Rossi..
stoner02_5_preview.jpg

My first post.
I am new to this site but not new to racing. I am an ex racer plus a regular track day rider (almost every weekend) and have ridden Sepang and Pasir Gudang in Malaysia. Plus almost every track there was and still is in Australia.

Simocelli, Pedrosa and Stoner is my picks. Rossi will be lucky to finish 10th.
accept for in the US , Spies will finish where he always does. 4th to 7th or some thing like that

Sepang is not a track that shows consistancy as it is not a technical track.
Quatar should show if the hondas are set up to run fast every where.

Welcome Brian...

Looking forward to the season starting, think spies will do better he's a serious man and if he doesn't improve on last year he may not be on a factory bike next year...

Stoner is the man......

Simoncelli is mad, not sure if he is ready yet, next year on a factory Honda i think

Danny hurts himself to much.......not always his fault but he doesn't bounce well and with the speed he carries he needs to, he's fast..

Cant wait....

Brian66, welcome and its great to have an ex-racer's point of view for our motogp debates! will be good to have a technical point of view rather than mostly emotional ones( me included in that)!!

KTM Chris, I agree with you on Stoner, Its very difficult to envisage him being beaten over the course of the season, this is of course barring he doesnt catch a cold halfway through and has to sit out some races with cotton wool stuffed up his nose.
I am more optimistic about Simoncelli than you though, who is actually on a factory bike...He will be on the same bikes as Stoner, Pedrosa and Dovizioso, although ran under the san carlo gresini colours. I think he has the right attitude to really ruffle the feathers of the more experienced guys and really give them a good run for their money without letting reputations get in the way. Look how he fairing bashed with Lorenzo at valencia last year for evidence of that.
Pedrosa, I do actually quite like the guy, its great watching someone who can be so devastingly fast on his day, although I am not sure mentally he is made of as stern a stuff as the other " aliens". Look at Laguna Seca last year when, on the back of a couple of great results finishing ahead of J-Lo and was beginning to make inroads and have a real chance of catching him. he was in the lead and dropped in under no real immediate pressure. I worry it may be a recurring theme for him in MOTOGP.

By the way guys, I have posted a lot more stuff on MotoGP, in the Bike Talk section of the board, so for further articles and stuff, take a look over there.....

DUCATI, I dont see them performing as badly as their testing in sepang suggests, With more time on the bike, both in the qatar test and the opening races I reckon VR and JB will be able to get the red rocket further up the field, in fact I can see them challenging the factory yamaha's mid-late season. Honda, though look a long way ahead, although, like as brian66 said, will be good to see if their pace is consistent from the upcoming qatar test.....

here is the simoncelli article detailing his factory status by the way....

MOTOGP » Simoncelli responds to 'full factory support'

"We have four factory supported riders next year" - HRC Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto.
Despite the arrival of Casey Stoner, and an enlarged three-man factory Honda team for MotoGP in 2011, HRC has shown it hasn't forgotten about Marco Simoncelli.

Simoncelli spent his rookie season on a factory bike in the satellite Gresini outfit, a team he will remain with in 2011, but with an upgraded status within Honda.

HRC said that this week's Valencia test marked Simoncelli's debut as 'a full factory supported rider'.

"We have four factory supported riders next year," said HRC Vice President Shuhei Nakamoto, the others being Repsol riders Stoner, Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso. "We have a plan [for testing] - one rider tests this, another other parts.”

As well as development input for the 2011 RC212V, Simoncelli also has more human support.

"Honda have provided us with another telemetry engineer so that Elvio Deganello can concentrate more on the set-up of the electronics," said Simoncelli. "I am really happy with this and I appreciate the support of Honda, which gives me even more motivation for next year.”

Hey Spank.....Simoncelli will certainly ruffle a few feathers and he will win a race ...

Don't think he will be top 3...

Spies will show his class this year

It's going to be good what ever happens...

All these guys are incredibly talented and could be at the pointy end on their day if they all had equal bikes.
My picks are based on my personal preference of the riders. I tend to like some guys and the others are the opposition.
Bikes racing is like a lot of sports where you have your day of glory unless the bike is dominate like Stoner Ducati in 2008 and Ago’s MV in the 60’ and 70’s.
Stoner will win races. There is no doubt about that. But he is too fearless and I predict he will crash again this year and ruin his chances.
Pedrosa is smooth and fast and if the bike is perfect he is unbeatable.
I pick Simoncelli because desire will drive him. He hasn’t proven himself so his desire to win will be his advantage. And he has the talent
The Ducati is fundamentally flawed. Riders with the talent of Carrirossi, Melandri, and now Rossi continually fail to make it a constant winner and in fact can't get it above mid pack.
As the season progresses each bike and its rider will find a good setting and I expect that at least 6 of them have a chance to win races this year. That makes for an interesting season.

It would appear Mr Rossi is getting up to speed.......

rossi06_slideshow.jpg

This could be the best season ever...

Well the first race is done.
Two people surprised me. Lorenzo for even being close to the front and Rossi being only 17 seconds behind Stoner. I really thought he would be much farther back. 17 seconds is still too much and he has a lot of work to make that gap up.
Stoner did not dominate. If Dani did not have the hand problem he would have beaten Stoner.
Also Simoncelli was close but riding ragged. Once he smooths out he will be a real threat.

It's going to be a good season, I think if Spies had made a better start he may have been up the front, but yes Rossi done very well....

Poor old Dani, he's always hurt in some way....

Roll on the next one....

Awesome, stayed up till 3am watching it over here in thailand.
Agree with brian66 on lorenzo, even though i hate the little pr*ck one has to admire what was a fantastic ride against the rocketship honda's all around him.

Roll on Jerez!! P.s how do you get to jerez from england?? are there flights??

Plenty of flights from the UK to Jerez. Ryanair quotes about 61 GBP including taxes, etc. but Google and you will find more options.

I had look at Ryanair, flying out on the Friday-returning Sunday night....110quid

Plus whatever Ryanair fancy charging you on the day..

have a good one Spanky....

Back
Top Bottom