Motobike riders coming to Thailand and later they are monks.

asiarider

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400, BMW R Nine T
Hello Guys at first sorry my english is not so perfect. But a long time ago I want to write this storie but today a make it... :giving:

Nearly 10 years ago 4 guys from Germany visit me and want to go with me to Laos and North thailand on a motorbike trip. I didn’t know them before. When they arrived in Bangkok Airport I wonder myself they have not much luggage only motorbike clothes helmets that’s all. Small handback. They sit in the plane dressed with motorbike dress including crossboots.

So we have 1 day and one night in Bangkok. Sightseeing tour in Wat Phra Kheo also. Oh my buddha they walk in the Temple with motorbike dress and I follow them mostly 50 meter behind the group. But anyway they are funny.

We fly to Vientiane rent the bikes in Vientiane and start for a 6 day trip.

cx0uknoscp72bbvh6.jpg

Good rider much fun and many cold beer in the evening.

cx0um5nbk9jalk2l6.jpg

One morning we sit in Phonsawan outside our guesthouse and eat breakfast. Suddenly a group of monks walk on the street. The people spend food and praying to the monks. One of this guys ask me what is this, what they doing there. I told them what happen.

Silence… and then a question its shure. They not working only hanging around. Get food from the people oh this is a very very good life. We all have family, must work hard every day and we have only 3 week holiday a year. COUD WE BE MONKS ALSO ? Yes you can. :banana:

cx0umz5qy8qll5p22.jpg

cx0unexyvljtdla1m.jpg

cx0untyw7r4cbrpy2.jpg

cx0uo96exus8rjn6i.jpg

Ok we want to be monks he told me. I thought ok they are a little bit crazy and I forgot this story.

We are back in Vientiane took a flight to Chiang Mai and start a trip in the north. One day we arrived in Chiang Rai. In the afternoon they talk with my Thai guide now its time to be monks as from tomorrow. Thai guide got a shock. Ha ha.

cx0uqsf25f41y0g0q.jpg

Visit Doi Mae Salong

cx0us81tk8v0m0snu.jpg

Check a crematorium

But then they told us about their idea. Everybody was married a long time. Sometimes they had trouble with their woman and now they wanted to scare them. They need full monk outfit. After than they want send emails home and look like a real monk. :worthy:

cx0ut7gteoa4y12xm.jpg

cx0upehxx6g11ooii.jpg

cx0uq4n2yylbn5n2y.jpg

I told them we must go to a barber shop. Cut hair, cut beard and eyebrows absolut no hair anymore. ( on the head only )
I know a good barber shop in Chiang Rai. Opposite from the night market. After dinner we went to the barber shop. What a fun for the Thai barber. They love it and we have a party in the shop. Beer coming and the hair fall. In front of the shop a lot of people looking through the window and cant understand what happen.

cx0utzqmdyyj3neai.jpg

cx0uummeonimsqcre.jpg

cx0uv1x9rjjlr2rkq.jpg

cx0v5ymhu4ma6w07u.jpg

cx0uvuiaxjt45e596.jpg

cx0uwjngcb4zxe9zu.jpg

cx0uwzmaxya7xtgre.jpg

cx0uxieodewg7iivu.jpg

cx0uxz44fb5czzxga.jpg

cx0uydvyj1v9moniy.jpg

cx0uyrgi219sm59ui.jpg

cx0uz7a1gfkb3bt3u.jpg

Ok, next morning Thai guide came with the monk outfit for this 4 crazy guys. We ride up in the mountain and stop fare away from any village.
They change clothes and we start a foto shooting. Much fun for the boys. Later in the evening in Chiang Rai I send the pictures to their family in Germany.

cx0uzx2804yxm7cwq.jpg

cx0v15glw2cznebyy.jpg

The day after we are on tour.
Oh my god next day a lot off emails in my account. Their wifes got a shock and many man question. The guys told me please not answer wait 2 or 3 days . Next day many mails coming but no answer. Day 3 now all clear. We coming home. :clapping:

Later one of them phone me. Their wifes pick the up in Airport Frankfurt. But they did not know their husbands because now they look so different. It s took some time until they found their husbands. I m not shure they got trouble or not but it was a funny time with them….

cx0v8uauxomnqb2fu.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You may want to be careful when "dressing up" as monks, Thai people could be very offended by it. They will have a hard time to understand it was a joke.

You may want to be careful when "dressing up" as monks, Thai people could be very offended by it. They will have a hard time to understand it was a joke.

Yes, I agree with Brake034 and I would be very careful about posting these pictures on a public forum - it wouldn't be the first time that Thai people get upset over these things. Just look at what happened in Myanmar a few days ago where three people were sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for using a Buddha statue in an advertisement for a bar. Personally I would move this post to the dungeon as (if things work as they should) only RA members have access to that part of the forum.

I sent the original poster a message already to see if he wants to edit his post accordingly before any further action is taken

Ok it is done, funny some people look better with no hair :giving:

Bob

Back
Top Bottom