Moto GP Jerez Spain

Mark Rossi

Stoner storms to pole in Jerez
Saturday, 2 April 2011
The Repsol Honda rider Casey Stoner took his second pole of the 2011 MotoGP season for the Gran Premio bwin de España in an eventful qualifying session which saw many riders involved in crashes. He will be joined on the front row by his team-mate Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) and Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing).
FTC_Jerez_Stoner_QP.jpg

Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team) didn’t have the best of starts to his one hour qualifying session after a nasty tumble into turn 8 when he lost the front and finished in the gravel. The Italian was able to make it back to the pits to jump on his spare bike and finished outside the top ten in 12th place.
46%20valentino%20rossi,%20action,%20crash-03_preview_big.jpg

Ben Spies 4th on the grid
11%20ben%20spies,%20action,%20motogp_preview_big.jpg

Pos. Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time Gap 1st/Prev.
1 27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 280.1 1'38.757
2 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 281.5 1'38.915 0.158 / 0.158
3 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 275.0 1'38.918 0.161 / 0.003
4 11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 277.6 1'39.390 0.633 / 0.472
5 58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 279.2 1'39.486 0.729 / 0.096
6 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 278.6 1'39.709 0.952 / 0.223
7 14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 275.8 1'39.892 1.135 / 0.183
8 5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 274.7 1'39.895 1.138 / 0.003
9 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 271.2 1'40.019 1.262 / 0.124
10 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 274.8 1'40.168 1.411 / 0.149
11 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 279.0 1'40.175 1.418 / 0.007
12 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 276.7 1'40.185 1.428 / 0.010
13 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 269.5 1'40.217 1.460 / 0.032
14 21 John HOPKINS USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 277.6 1'40.310 1.553 / 0.093
15 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 276.3 1'40.523 1.766 / 0.213
16 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 274.3 1'40.601 1.844 / 0.078
17 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 280.4 1'41.114 2.357 / 0.513

Stoner up by a smigent should be a closely contested race according to qualifying times.

Have you guys seen the nes about Honda's new gearbox with improved shifting?
from Motorcycle USA
The biggest news at Qatar was the new gearbox that has given the Honda a clear technical advantage. Rumors first emerged in Sepang last month that Honda had introduced a dual clutch transmission system for this season, despite such technology being banned in the rules. Honda though has developed a new quick shifting gearbox and 2007 world champion Stoner said: “It makes each gear selection smoother, especially when you have a big step in the gearbox. It doesn’t drop quite as hard or affect the bike quite as much. It is a bit smoother and when you’re changing gear on the exit of a corner on the edge, that’s where it feels makes a difference. Whether or not it’s faster I don’t know but it gives you confidence, there is less movement in the bike and you have less issues.”

Repsol Honda teammate Andrea Dovizioso said of the new gearbox in qualifying: “The big difference you feel at this track is when you change direction with lean angle and you need to shift gear like in turn two and three and ten and eleven. When you need to change gear with lean angle the bike is very soft and it doesn’t disturb the bike.”

Just watched the 125's and moto2, seems that rain has come along to spice things up a little, just seen iannone spank the competition in moto2 with a monster wheelie across the line. awesome.
Im hoping the rain will stay here for the main race so the playing field will be levelled and we can see challenges on the repsol honda stronghold.
Looking at the warm up times( in the wet) Im hoping rossi can mount a challenge, i reckon its only him and lorenzo who can possibly give moaner27 a run for his money.
roll on the motgp, 3 hours of twiddling my thumbs now.......

Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda) and nine time World Champion Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team), were involved in an incident in the MotoGP race at Jerez, which took the Australian out of proceedings.
crash_stoner_rossi007_original.jpg
Stoner had been in second place when the Italian mounted a challenge behind him and attempted a manoeuvre going into turn one. The Ducati rider made the move past Stoner, but lost control of his bike, causing a collision which brought them both down. Rossi was able to remount his bike and continue, picking up 11 points in fifth place. Here are the thoughts of both riders after the coming together during the race in which Rossi took full responsibility for.

Dodgy move by the Italian duo (Ducati and Rossi), taking Stoner out and putting a halt to his perfect season. It seems us Aussie's have a target on our backs as Stewart took out Aussie rider Reed in the AMA SX championships over the weekend. Both Stoner and Reed where championship leaders before the weekend.
If I where in Sargeant Spanks shoes I would cut of my left arm to remove the 46 tattoo and sell my Yamaha wr 250 in protest to the takeout moves on the Australians.

s1600_040211reed_stewart007.jpg

Jerez de la Frontera, Sunday, April 03, 2011
Pos. Points Num. Rider Nation Team Bike Km/h Time/Gap
1 25 1 Jorge LORENZO SPA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 141.0 50'49.046
2 20 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 140.1 +19.339
3 16 69 Nicky HAYDEN USA Ducati Team Ducati 139.7 +29.085
4 13 7 Hiroshi AOYAMA JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 139.6 +29.551
5 11 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Ducati Team Ducati 138.2 +1'02.227
6 10 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Mapfre Aspar Team MotoGP Ducati 137.9 +1'08.440
7 9 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Cardion AB Motoracing Ducati 137.7 +1'14.120
8 8 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 137.4 +1'19.110
9 7 24 Toni ELIAS SPA LCR Honda MotoGP Honda 136.4 +1'42.906
10 6 21 John HOPKINS USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Suzuki 136.2 +1'48.395
11 5 65 Loris CAPIROSSI ITA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 136.0 +1'51.876
12 4 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Repsol Honda Team Honda 133.6 1 Lap
Not Classified
5 Colin EDWARDS USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 140.0 1 Lap
11 Ben SPIES USA Yamaha Factory Racing Yamaha 141.3 3 Laps
14 Randy DE PUNIET FRA Pramac Racing Team Ducati 140.3 11 Laps
58 Marco SIMONCELLI ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda 143.9 16 Laps
27 Casey STONER AUS Repsol Honda Team Honda 144.0 20 Laps

"If I where in Sargeant Spanks shoes I would cut of my left arm to remove the 46 tattoo "

When he gets back you hold him down and I'll burn it off.

Looks to me like a nice clean pass and a normal attempt to take the corner by Rossi.

And Rossi didn’t take Stoner out at all.
Stoner ran into the back of Rossi’s bike so he is to fault for being so close!!! He should be fined for dangerous riding.

I just wish it was Lorenzo that Rossi did it to as I can't stand that guy. I am not sure who is worse between him and Stoner the Moaner.
Simoncelli is my choice for the year and has been since preseason.
Stoner is a whinger. The Italian and the UK media hate him and he is the bad guy in all the news stories in that part of the world this morning.
Stoners name is wrong. It should be change to Mo ner as in moaner!!!

I have watched a few dozen repeats of the accident and it looks as if Stoner did run into the back of Rossi's bike, but then again it was lying infront of him. I think it would have been hard for him to have avoided it unless he had have had the wit to have bunny jumped over it. Rossi did infact admit he made a mistake on the brakes
and went straight to apologise, accompanied by various camera men and Stoner seemed to accept the apology with good grace. It is a shame that this racing accident happened. Rossi was really going for it with a pretty amazing number of overtakes considering it was wet and he started from so far down the grid and then had to remount and do it all over again. It will be interesting what will happen next time, especially if the track is dry. Personally I have no real favourites and don't feel any dislike to any of them except that they are all younger, more handsome, richer and more talented than I was, am or ever will be.

Brain, Brian, Brian. I thought we where going to get along so well, but now you sledge the number 27. The 2007 and future 2011 champ.
I just don't know what to say, I am horrified you could talk about your fellow country man in such a derogative manner.
As KTM Chris suggested before maybe a little wager is in order?

Jon:
So who are you backing Jon for the championship?

First of all, great race and this is going to be a hell of a season..
It was a racing incident, but if you were to put anyone at fault it would have to be rossi, otherwise why would he go and apologise? Then again stoner should hardly be suprised at a ducati losing the front end,
Not that I care anyway what happens to Moaner, he was sliding backwards down the field at the time, and would have been lucky to end up in the points, his fellow countrymen vermeulen was a much better rider in the wet than stoner will ever be..

Lorenzo looks a class act, not the fastest bike, not the best rider, a massive prick, but rapidly turning into a very intelligent rider, he has clearly brought his brain along this year for the championship.

Bring on Estoril, cant wait!!

I knew that would raise a chuckle!!!.

I am a loyal Aussie but honestly Stoner is a whinger and I can't stand a poor loser or winner.
I met Stoner at the 2005 Malaysian GP after he won the 250 race. We were in a VIP area above the pits together. Our small group of 4 people congratulated him on the win and he talked to us for 5 minutes. I noticed that he constantly berated other riders. Even then I began to dislike him.
Same with Rossi’s apologies after the Sunday race. Stoner’s comments were derogatory towards Rossi, such as why did he have to bring the camera etc???
I just can't get to like the guy.
There is a new young Aussie coming through like Stoner did in Spain.
15 years old. His name is Aurther Sissis. Keep an eye out for him

I don’t rate wet races as an indicator of a championship. There should be a world wet race champion and then a dry one. Rossi looked like the hero as he passed so many people but they were all around 10 seconds down on a dry track lap time.
Stoner will be the one this year to push it and the other Hondas can stay with him. It will be a lottery out of that lot.
In my opinion Lorenzo will not get better than 3rd or 4th in the dry.
It seems the Hondas maybe using a gear box or clutch that is against the rules. There is a rumour they have fitted a type of Dual clutch system that is give the Honda the advantage now. The gear changes can be made on full lean angles without upsetting the bike which is a huge advantage coming out of the corners and it is clear to see in the dry. The Honda jumps away from the apex while still nearly at full lean.

With this clutch that Honda have, are they being investigated?? as you said it was against the regulations...?
Stoner, as we have seen is the fastest out there this season, however, the last 2 seasons he has bottled it, illness, injury, " front end issues", im hoping and praying that this year will turn out very similar!
Brian, even though I share your dislike of Lorenzo I think you are underestimating him a little, afterall, he did get 2nd in the first race, which was dry...
Anyway it remains to be seen.....I do hope simoncelli does well though and that Ducati get their dry track performance up to scratch. Although hopefully in 4 weeks time Rossi's shoulder will have healed sufficiently enough for a fair comparison between their bike and others to be assessed.

It seems all is above board with the Honda clutch, it is actually a redesigned gearbox that allows for smoother shifting.
Honda’s secret MotoGP RC212V transmission revealed
146-1104-+scoop-honda-motogp-transmission-revealed+4.jpg

How it works

A conventional sequential constant mesh motorcycle transmission changes gears by sliding one gearwheel across a mainshaft until it locks into a driven gearwheel via internal “dogs”—lugs cast into one gear that fit into holes in another gearwheel. Moving the gears across the shaft is accomplished by “yokes” or “shift forks”, which are controlled by a shift “drum”. Because the dogs are made so that the gears lock together under power, power must be interrupted so that the gear wheels can be disengaged. Sliding the gearwheels across the shaft requires time as well.

With the Honda multi-stage transmission, there are no shift forks, and there is no lateral movement of the gearwheels. Instead of using dogs cast into the gears to lock them to the countershaft, the Honda setup uses a series of cam-type rods that slide back and forth inside the countershaft itself. The cam-type control rods actuate swingable pawls inside each gear that lock them to the countershaft when a gear change is enabled. The pawls and the steps machined into the inner portion of the gears are designed in such a way that when the next gear becomes engaged, the pawls on the previous gear detach naturally. This means that there is no power cut needed, power is continuously transmitted, and no clutch actuation is necessary.

Because there is no large shift drum to control the shift forks, and since the gearwheels do not slide laterally on the countershaft/mainshaft, the gear cluster can be made more compact. The gears can be made stronger as well, since there is more room for gear teeth width.

The patent—like most of its kind—is a huge and tedious 30,000-word document that goes into excruciating detail of the transmission’s design and how it functions. Because it is drawn up in extensive legalese however, it can be quite a job to decipher even the most basic premise, as 40-50 words are used to describe something that can be stated in 10, and many paragraphs have repeated introductory sentences for legal purposes.

Interestingly, we found one paragraph that states the multi-stage transmission cannot be downshifted under power (as well as not be upshifted under deceleration). Whether naturally by design or otherwise, unless there is an electronic intervention that we haven’t found in the patent yet (which is quite possible), if you make a mistake on your upshift, you can’t just bang it back down a gear to get the rpm up unless you back out of the throttle.

When veteran journalist Henny Ray Abrams asked Dani Pedrosa and Casey Stoner at Qatar about the transmission in their RC212Vs, he got some interesting answers. “It’s smoother,” said Pedrosa. “Basically when you are in the corner, the shifting it’s a little smoother so the bike doesn’t do so much like this (pumping with hands). So if you are changing with bikes or maybe this corner going up, the bike is not shaking so much on the shifting. So this is something positive, because the shock is not doing any reaction aggressively and the traction is more stable.” We’d heard that the factory Honda riders were complaining about downshifting with the new transmission, and when asked, Pedrosa concurred, “sometime, yes.”

Stoner agreed that the new transmission helped, but noted that it’s not the magic pill that is responsible for Honda’s current domination of the MotoGP class. “Changes gear a little bit faster, it's just smoother basically,” said the Australian. “Instead of a big clunk, it sort of just progresses from one to the next a little bit faster. But yeah, for me the bike’s no faster, it's just smoother. So when you're on the edge of the tire, when you change gear it doesn't make the bike quite as unsettled. In the past when there's a gap in the thing, it makes the bike sort of unsettled. But with this one there's a smaller gap and it's a lot quicker so you don't have the bike moving so much. And this is its advantage. It gives you better feeling, better feedback. Yeah, for me the way it works is nice, but definitely not the race-winning solution.” Stoner also agreed that downshifting was an occasional issue. “It's also a little bit aggressive coming back gears (downshifting). Sometimes you struggle to get back gears. Coming back a gear sometimes I find it a little bit difficult, but going up the gears it's nice and smooth.”

That is really interesting!!
I read the rumours and I never believed that Honda would cheat the rules. They would have so much to lose face if it were true.
They are the best manufacturer and have the best R&D team with the most budget so good luck to them. They must have something else besides the trick gear box done to the bikes for them to have made the leap to the front this year.
I hope that the gear box gets to road bikes soon. My blade has a race pattern and quick shifter and I change at full throttle. It is ok in a straight line but some of those corners at Sepang require two upshifts whilst at full lean and almost full throttle and it is unnerving to me.

Sarge

yes , Lorenzo did come second in the first GP but only because of Pedrosa’s injury. He would have been a very distant third had Pedrosa been fit. 3rd shows his skilland i have no doubts about it.
He is good rider but not better than the rest, just equal. Now his bike is no better he cant dominate like last year.

I can't stand the person though.

Injury or no injury to pedrosa. Lorenzo has far better racecraft than pedrosa has or ever had. Unless pedrosa is miles in the lead he always has trouble staying on the pace in the latter halves of races, and as has been seen many times before, in a close, fairing bashing battle, he wilts and fades away...
Pedrosa is quicker than lorenzo over small periods of time, i.e opening 5 laps in races, free practice. But in the race I will always give lorenzo the edge over him, even on inferior machinery. Im betting he finishes above pedrosa in the points standings at the end of the year....

I hope I am wrong though, as I do in fact cheer valentino/honda....

Yes Brian, I thought the same, Honda would never cheat. I found this interesting how the media found out how Honda had improved there gearbox.

FIM Technical Director Mike Webb was reportedly shown both the drawings and the actual transmission in a closed-door meeting by Honda reps to ensure that the transmission was indeed legal. More secrecy is kept by having only one Honda technician change gearsets at MotoGP; no one other than this HRC employee is allowed to remove the gear cluster cassette to change a gear ratio on any of the factory Hondas ridden by the Repsol Honda squad, or San Carlo Honda Gresini’s Marco Simoncelli, who is also provided with a factory RC212V.

Numerous theories and conjecture have since abounded on the Internet, but no real solid lead on the transmission’s construction has been found. Until now…

Thanks to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s website (http://www.uspto.gov/) as well as Google Patents (http://www.google.com/patents), any and all patents applied for can be found in complete detail in order to allow inventors to search and see if someone has already discovered their idea. A little creative searching nets you some interesting information, but it takes some effort. By “creative searching”, we mean that corporations know people scour the USPTO site every day looking for corporate secrets before they’re officially unveiled, so they intentionally file the patents under names and descriptions that are as off-subject as possible. Thus, you won’t find this patent under “Honda” or “HRC” or “MotoGP”.

This particular patent applied for by Shinya Matsumoto (who has several other patents, some under Honda Japan and others by himself) is for a “multistage transmission”. What it describes is a transmission that uses an innovative cam/pawl setup inside the countershaft itself to engage transmission gears (similar to the Xtrac IGS, a company that works with Honda’s IndyCar engine program) rather than sliding the gears across a mainshaft as with a conventional constant mesh sequential motorcycle transmission.

However, the Japan Patent Office website (http://www.jpo.go.jp/) shows a patent no. 2010-203478 applied for by Mr. Matsumoto and Mr. Jun Miyazaki for an identical transmission design—only it also reveals that Honda owns this patent. There are several diagrams on the JPO patent application that show the device on a V-engine case, one that looks very close to the RC212V engine. Which is substantial evidence that this is indeed the transmission on the factory Hondas.

Below is a link to the patent pictures if you are interested
http://www.sportrider.com/news/146_1104_honda_secret_motogp_rc212v_transmission_revealed/index.html

It never stops does it? You think you have the latest and greatest and then some wizard figures out another brilliant mechanism and people like me hang their tongues out for a taste. My problem is I am an early adopter with everything. I try any new product as soon as it is available and not just only for bikes. Usually to no improvement for me and an empty wallet!!!
I paid 23,000 for my Singapore blade but have spent 40,000 on it since new because of my obsession with the latest and greatest.
I love to buy a new or used RC212V as a road bike.
Sarge,
Dani seems soft but I believe that is a media tag because he is a quiet person and the Media don't like him. They have made these statements about his racing strategy and yes Lorenzo seems to control and plan his race very well.
But I think Dani is fast enough to make up for his softness and if he has a superior bike he will get that gap on others that he can do. I like the fact that they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I have been a staunch Rossi fan for years. If he were on that Honda this year he would be unbeatable. Pity the Italian bike he is riding now is made out of their Italian Spaghetti and can't go around corners without losing the front wheel. Rossi is riding a bike that will hurt him eventually.

I am hoping that Johnny Rea comes into Motogp next year, then I will have someone from home to cheer on. Honda seem to like him and even had him testing Stoner's bike in Dec/ Jan. He seems fast and fairly tough. I read about him having four big crashes in ten days leading up to the Philip Island round of WSBK. A 120 mph highside, then a 130 mph bail out when his Fireblade caught fire. He hurt his back and neck and dislocated his finger twice. The second time he put it back in himself on the way back to the pits on a scooter and then went out on the second bike. He overtook Haslam on the last lap to finish fourth in the second race. Apparently he is an ex-motocrosser, so maybe they aren't all nancy boys! I am hoping he will be out on the 1,000's next year.

My MotoGP pick, Simoncelli is at the pointy end as I thought he would be and our man Rossi is struggling as I predicted he would be.
Lorenzo is being the dork, read "Dick Head" I always thought he was.
Can wait to see Lorenzo beaten today by any one of the those 3 Hondas’

Yes, it was good to see Lorenzo beaten fairly and comprehensively. And beaten by a guy who was clearly hurting in his shoulder. Pedrosa was running on adrenaline.
Simoncelli needs to learn that to win you first have to finish the race. He has squandered a possible 50 points by falling off in the last two races. He fell off 4 times during the week end and importantly in the race. He proved again in the official practice yesterday that he has the pace as he topped the time sheets.

Danni made that look so easy, you know he wasn't giving it the beans down the straight..

Jorge must be beside himself.....so he should be....

Never been a big fan of Dani's, but I was pleased to see him looking so happy..

Well done to him....stoner's got real company..

What about Simoncellis overtake of Pedrosa? I am not a racer but it did seem as though Pedrosa didn't have anywhere to go, but maybe he should have backed off a bit once Simoncelli got by. It was a shame for both of them as it looks as though Pedrossa is injured again and people have more ammunition with which to criticise Simoncelli. I enjoyed Stoner throwing an on bike punch at De Puniet. He certainly isn't trying to win a popularity contest out there.

Poor old Danni......

Not sure who to blame, but Dovi was right, Simoncelli will not give way once he starts a move...
Are Yamaha missing 46's set skills??? what's happened to Spies....

Rossi is getting close....

I find it very strange how few comments are being produced after each MotoGP and being posted here and on other sites.
I am an avid fan and follow all national racing, world supers and the junior series around the world and I subscribe to MotoGP so I can watch the practices, qualifying and all the racing on my computer anywhere and anytime. Replays can be watched many times over.

There is something about this season that seems to have stifled comment. I predicted Simoncelli at the beginning of the year and he has shown me that I was right. He just needs to stay on the bike.

None of the Guys who have won races this year are on my Christmas list so I am disappointed to say the least. But I wonder why this racing hasn’t prompted others to comment in this thread.
I think it is because Rossi’s failure to perform has deflated most people.
Or is just that no one has anything to say

I have a MotoGP tip for the future. A boy named Arthur Sissis. Look out for him.

I personally hope that Lorenzo retains the title and I loved seeing him win at the weekend.
I know I am in a minority here but its my opinion that he was the best rider there throughout last season and he would have won it anyway, just my opinion

I find it very strange how few comments are being produced after each MotoGP and being posted here and on other sites

I thought the same way a few months back, I even started a thread on WSBK...

That also got little interest, still I followed it, but I have to admit I'm going off it in a big way..

I used to rush home for qualifying, stay up till 5am to watch races, even ridden as far away as Brno
to watch it....Now I don't care if I miss it....the bitching is better viewing than the racing

It has some thing to do with Rossi....but the racing is getting like F1..

Only hope the new 1000cc engines bring back the show...there are some brilliant riders but to much
control, tyres and electronics playing there part...

I want this...

lastscan-M.jpg

I have to agree with you that the MotoGP race is almost processional now days and lacks excitement. What spectator would know or even care that a rider has lapped a half second faster than the last lap?
People want to see a race and that means plenty of bikes close together and not the same people winning every week. I am a racer myself so I watch every race as I like to watch how the bikes react and handle. But I do find it boring some times.

I understand what the riders are doing. However I prefer racing where there is contact and bumping etc. In my younger days this was very common, especially in the 3, 4 and 6 hour production races. My leathers and exhaust were regularly marked with tyre rubber at the end of a race. I and others had a lot of crashes due to contact.

A select few of these new generation riders do more bitching about dangerous riding than at any time I can remember. Stoner in particular is a whinger. His skill is unquestionable but his character, as is Lorenzo’s, is bland. They both suck!!

Simoncelli is riding as normally as I would expect in racing. He is in no way dangerous. Dani’s get off is common. You watch relays of all the classes going back 20 years and that type of crash is very common. Dani is Spanish and they are emotional so I am not surprised at him and his teams bitching.

The Moto2 races are much better than MotoGP, mainly because the bikes are very equal and there are 35 Odd bikes. Most racing enthusiasts would not even be able to see the difference in lap times between MotoGP and Moto2. To be 3 or 4 seconds a lap faster doesn’t create the excitement. It is how they ride and how closely they ride.

World super bikes is great to watch in most races and the two race on the same day format makes it even more interesting. The lap time difference is minimal. I would like to see MotoGP and WSBK merge and ban prototypes. Let every race what they bring!!

Back
Top Bottom