Motard mode to MotoX

windrider

Hi all,
have been looking around for a bike in the 250 cc to 400cc range,
seems a lot of the second hand ones are in motard mode.

I would like to know some info re changing the road beasts back to their dirt heritage,
is it a simple as changing the rims and tyres or are there other issues with brakes and speedo cables etc??

Are good rims (i.e. Excel or similar) avaiable in Thailand?

Is it only necessary to change the front wheel set up and the front and rear tyres?

Sounds too simple as the Kawa KLX is sold in the 2 different modes, must be a reason<

any help, advise, info or comments appreciated.
thx

windrider said:
Hi all,
have been looking around for a bike in the 250 cc to 400cc range,
seems a lot of the second hand ones are in motard mode.

I would like to know some info re changing the road beasts back to their dirt heritage,
is it a simple as changing the rims and tyres or are there other issues with brakes and speedo cables etc??

Are good rims (i.e. Excel or similar) avaiable in Thailand?

Is it only necessary to change the front wheel set up and the front and rear tyres?

Sounds too simple as the Kawa KLX is sold in the 2 different modes, must be a reason<

any help, advise, info or comments appreciated.
thx

I got some dirt wheels made up for my Suzuki DRZ 400 SM for 15,000 bht complete without tubes and tires.

There was an issue of the front brake caliper not lining up with the disc, which can be spaced out with washers, not a big deal.

It normally can be done here pretty easily, Mike in pattaya who died used to be a good contact.

different tyre sizes give different speedo readings,, afaik the klx clocks are not adjustable,
same with the sidestand, its too short or too long with the other wheels.
You probably want to adjust the suspension also
different sprockets means different chain length

alexuk said:
different tyre sizes give different speedo readings,, afaik the klx clocks are not adjustable,
same with the sidestand, its too short or too long with the other wheels.
You probably want to adjust the suspension also
different sprockets means different chain length

Alex - do the brake discs fit or is an adjustment needed?

excellent info ,,didnt even think of the sidestand!!

re sproket set up I am reading that most KLX mx version run best with a 13 tooth front??

and how adjustable is the suspension set up as I thik they have a new front fork system??

I have a slightly different disc, its thinner on 21" front, and the brake doesnt work so good.

The EFI forks are not so adjustable, but I think its only the air pressure release screw on the top.
The nitrogen pressure in the shock is not adjustable either.
I like the 13T but not when doing long distances.

As for the kickstand difference, thats why the bike falls over so much.

Back
Top Bottom