Most dangerous roads (for ADV lovers)

Forest

Bikes
Vstrom650,CRF250 , Ducati 900ss ,Yamaha YZ250, Virago 400 etc..
Asia

Lots of info here..if someone takes any of these routes I'll ride along :dirtbike:

[FONT=&quot]Interesting link thanks for posting [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]also out of the 96 roads 21 are in China [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]also it interesting to know that Chiang Rai is only 178 km as the cow fly's to the border[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]with China ???[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Out of the 21 roads listed in china most are in the south west of China [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]so you are in striking distance of these roads [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]out of the 21 i have only done 3 will over the next few years hope to ride most of them [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The one i really love to do is the .....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burma Road[/FONT]
Burma Road is the name of the sharply winding and precipitous ascent in a steep and narrow zig-zag road between Burma (also called Myanmar) with the southwest of China.

This curvy mountainous road which rarely permits speeds over 30km/h has a length of 717 miles (1,154 km). The drive is definitely worth it. The Burma Road serves as the gateway between Myanmar and the rising empire on its border. It is the central trade route feeding China’s voracious appetite for the resources — including energy, natural resources and food — it desperately needs to sustain its population of 1 billion people. Here China’s pervasive presence, its sophisticated exertion of soft power, is evident at every turn.
The actual Burma Road was finished in1941. It’s a real challenging road and a true test of your vehicle and your stamina because the road abounds in twists and turns with wheels sometimes hanging above the precipice. The Burma Road was built during World War II to bring supplies to beleaguered China, to help them resist the Japanese invasion.

burma4.jpg

More info on the "Burma Road" and its history can be found here: Burma Road and here: [URL="http://wikitravel.org/en/Burma_Road]"WikiTravel - Burma Road[/URL]

Back
Top Bottom