mike hailwood replica

crowster69

Bikes
ducati 900ss.ducati hypermotard 1100s
heres a photo when i was about 20 years old,fresh faced and full of beans with my bike a ducati mike hailwood replica 900.Just looking back i can see why the cops used to think it was my dads bike.haha P1090964.jpg

Nice old bike Greg.
I had a `80 Darmah SD 900 as a early 20 something with some rather loud Conti pipes on it.

The oldies use to breath a sigh of relief early morning hours when the windows started to shake and they knew i`d got home from a night out in one piece 555

hey lew,i know exactly what your talking about.A bevel ducati with 40mm dellortos and contis is one of the sweetest sounds in motorcycling unless your trying to sleep that is.In that house there were 3 of us.2 bevel 900s and a 750 f1 with a gianelli pipe.As you can imagine were werent all that popular rolling in ,in the early hours of the morning.heres another one i built up a few years later and really regret selling this one.cheers GregP1090966.jpgP1090965.jpg

Another lovely bike mate.
Mine did have the 40ml carbs too.

But having a lighter rev hungry Pantah after that i couldn`t imagine going back to a bevel drive.

yeh ya right lew campared to a little pantah they are hard work once you get in the tight stuff.Horses for courses i spose it was a lot better at long high speed sweepers than my mates f1 750.I had the crank lightened and balanced on the 78ss 900 and it used to be a great revvy motor but the wheelbase was a bit long.A few embarressing moments trying to kickstart the thing after a long night at the pub.fun bikes though.cheers greg

Back
Top Bottom