Making a route with less than 50 via points

bsacbob

Administrator (Retired)
Bikes
Honda CRM-AR 250, Honda CRF 250-L, Suzuki V Strom XT 650 Honda XR250 Baja BMW F650GS
NOt sure how many of you have been in the same predicament, but i have been making a route for a trip to Laos and finally finished it in track and route format and uploaded it to my Montana, easy. Well not really the track was easy to read but the route wouldn't and kept coming up with unable to process due to having more than 50 via points, i guess i could have split the route into parts but i didn't fancy that so Google didn't come up with any great answers so (i'm running a Mac by the way) after fiddling around i came up with this solution.

Here is the route with some 500 or so via points.

View attachment 19597

Right click on the track in your collections list and open info and you will get this.

View attachment 19598

Now in the setting tab in the lower left of the dialog box, click filter track.

View attachment 19599

The new dialog box looks like this, make your you tick the entire track box and change the value of segments to 50 in the maximum points section and save original is ticked now click OK. You will now have two tracks, the modified one and the original which is given a new label. Right click on the modified track and make create route from track and your done, the new route can to uploaded to your Montana with no problems.

View attachment 19600

Can anyone see the pictures ? I can see them in preview and thats all :-(

Back
Top Bottom