Mae Taeng to Mueang Khong via Dirt

Sita

Bikes
CRF 250, CB500x, Africa Twin XRV 750
A group of lads venturing from Mae Taeng to Mueang Khong via the dirt. A spectacular ride, with sections of fast moving dirt roads to interesting and fun single track. While covering a few different biomes, my favorite was the pine forest set on the ridge, leaving stunning views of the Chiang Dao valleys.

A ride that has been done before, and during the rainy season! However, this time the conditions were perfect.

Excellent video, thanks Sita.
Always good to see fresh, new content on RA.
Nice background music selection too.
What camera?
Looks like all CRFs in your group and good riders too.
Always amusing (and sometimes humbling) to see local villagers riding these tracks on their little scooters, usually with bald tyres!
Keep them coming please.

Thanks 2wheels, always great to hear your thoughts!

The camera is GoPro Hero 10 Black, a fantastic camera in my opinion.

Having owned a Hero 7 Black prior to this newest model, there are several improvements, not least of which is the improved stabilization, the 5.1K video capture, and the improved battery life. I gotta hand it to GoPro, this camera really is something else.

The group was composed of experienced riders, with mostly CRFs. A few odd bikes were thrown in, including a KTM, a DRZ 650, and a modified 2 stroke (not sure of the manufacture). A great ride with some great lads.

You're absolutely right about the residents, they continue to ride these roads day in and day out with superb skill.

Cool video on some fantastic looking trails, hoping to get up there next month while it's still cool and before the smoke gets bad. Don't happen to have a GPX file for that trail do you?
Cheers
Stuey

Fantastic trails and I too would love to see a GPX file

Back
Top Bottom