Bikes
BMW 310GS Honda Wave 125 Honda MSX 125
The Route 105

Total distance 240 km
DSCF7620.jpg

After an early spicy curry for breakfast it was off along the 105 to Mae Sot
DSCF7621.jpg

DSCF7623.jpg

I have a brand new Airhawk 2 for this holiday as the original is rapidly wearing out and has punctured again, the original one cost $130 and has given me 150,000 km of comfort.
So at less than $1 per 1000 km I considered it very good value for money and shudder to think of the discomfort of those 500+ km day rides without it.
Whether the new one will be as good or not remains to be seen, BobS got me this plus a brand new pair of Firstgear airflow trousers in the US for 4000 Baht, a bargain, thanks Bob
DSCF7624.jpg

DSCF7625.jpg

Now if only it stayed like this in the new year without the infernal burning taking place
DSCF7626.jpg

DSCF7627.jpg

DSCF7628.jpg

A very welcome sight indeed and these guys will never run out of work along this section.
The surface was okay heading south for about 40 km then where there is a new wider bridge that isnt being used yet the surface deteriorates, there is a section of a km or 2 where it really is just a minefield of potholes held together by tiny strips of asphalt
DSCF7629.jpg

Then theres lovely sections like this to make up for it
DSCF7631.jpg

DSCF7632.jpg

Now back to the old surface and on this corner I come close to being taken out by a Yamaha SR 400 coming the other way too far on my side of the road
DSCF7633.jpg

Theres lots of them, all Yamaha 400s and I guess they are on the way to MHS
DSCF7634.jpg

One section today getting ready for the upgrade and at least it was not a wet surface to slide around on
DSCF7635.jpg

DSCF7636.jpg

DSCF7637.jpg

DSCF7638.jpg

I am not usually along this road this early in the riding season and dont usually see any water here
DSCF7639.jpg

DSCF7641.jpg

The Moei is brown and the water level is well up
DSCF7642.jpg

DSCF7643.jpg

DSCF7644.jpg

DSCF7646.jpg

DSCF7647.jpg

Time for my lunch stop, its nice and peaceful here to sit down and eat my sandwich, onion and fruit
DSCF7648.jpg

The view from my restaurant window.
From here its a pleasant ride into Mae Sot where I check in at the Smile Guest House

DSCF7653.jpg

Well believe it or not its been 6 months since I last ate a pizza, 130 Baht for this at Casa Mia

You can get the gdb file from my website here … http://www.captainslash.com

Hi. I keep reading about the Smile gh, that pizza shows why, just the thing at the end of a ride.
How long are you in the area for, did you hire the KLX or buy? Counting down to CM in days now and need to start thinking harder about long term acommodation and bike.
All the best, Tim.

Hi. I keep reading about the Smile gh, that pizza shows why, just the thing at the end of a ride.
How long are you in the area for, did you hire the KLX or buy? Counting down to CM in days now and need to start thinking harder about long term acommodation and bike.
All the best, Tim.

Tim the pizza is from Casa Mia restaurant quite close to the Smile GH but the GH itself doesnt do food.

I will be here for only a few days then off to Kanchanaburi, I dont hire bikes anymore now, for my long holidays its a lot cheaper to buy them plus less hassle riding to the other side of the country or taking it out of the country

I hear some provinces will allow it on a tourist visa but I always get a non O

Back
Top Bottom