The route 105

Total distance 258 km
DSCF3278.jpg

A shot of the Yuam river as I ride out of Mae Sariang
DSCF3279.jpg

DSCF3280.jpg

DSCF3281.jpg

DSCF3282.jpg

I have never seen elephants along here before and at first though it was elephant trekking but these are working elephants and the other westerners here stopped for a look the same as I did
DSCF3283.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

Part of the old surface, I encountered a badly pot holed section for a bit but otherwise it was a good surface with lots of new asphalt since I last rode here in march
DSCF3285.jpg

DSCF3286.jpg

DSCF3288.jpg

DSCF3290.jpg

DSCF3291.jpg

DSCF3293.jpg

Now for some of the lovely new surface
DSCF3294.jpg

DSCF3295.jpg

DSCF3297.jpg

DSCF3298.jpg

DSCF3299.jpg

DSCF3300.jpg

The KLX gets a rest from the dirt today, I dont think my legs could take another days off road riding so todays asphalt was a nice change
DSCF3301.jpg

DSCF3302.jpg

The banana being gathered, I was told it was food for their pigs
DSCF3304.jpg

DSCF3305.jpg

DSCF3306.jpg

Another section of old that is being widened and then resurfaced
DSCF3310.jpg

DSCF3312.jpg

DSCF3313.jpg

DSCF3314.jpg

I climb up to get this scenery shot only to see some huts down below
DSCF3315.jpg

DSCF3316.jpg

DSCF3317.jpg

Nearby is this sign
DSCF3318.jpg

I am now riding alongside the Moei river so go down for a closer look
DSCF3319.jpg

DSCF3320.jpg

DSCF3321.jpg

DSCF3322.jpg

DSCF3323.jpg

I have not noticed this place along the 105 before
DSCF3325.jpg

DSCF3326.jpg

A new restaurant I think
DSCF3327.jpg

Just before reaching Tha Song Yang there is this new fuel station at N17.14.350 E098.13.559 but despite having a benzine and a gasohol pump both of them only contained benzine, diesel was sold here too.
A few metres along was another fuel station that again only had the same fuel choice
DSCF3328.jpg

A good road and great scenery
DSCF3332.jpg

At Mae Ramat there are a couple more fuel stations and this PTT with a 7-11 redresses the balance by only selling gasohol and diesel at all its pumps, no benzine sold here.
This used to sell benzine but since it was refurbished a couple of years ago has only sold gasohol, I wonder if this is what the future holds for Thailand as the rumour that benzine is going to be dropped still persists
DSCF3333.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

DSCF3335.jpg

DSCF3336.jpg

I check in at the Smile House but instead of being virtually the only guest I find there is only this double room left for 150 Baht, apparently Mae Sot is very busy at the moment
DSCF3337.jpg

I get my own private veranda
DSCF3338.jpg

As I have enough time today I ride to the border and cross to get a new 90 day visa, over in Burma I see this Yamaha DT 125,
I had a few of the 175 versions years ago and thoroughly loved doing offroad riding on them, in the late 70s and early 80s they were the bike of choice for green laning and that sort of thing
DSCF3340.jpg

Sitting in the Immigration office in Myawaddy while waiting for my passport I suddenly notice there is a time diffence between Thailand and Burma but of only 30 minutes, something I had not noticed before
DSCF3343.jpg

Now time to eat
DSCF3344.jpg

DSCF3345.jpg

The fajitas and a big tasty meal that completely fills me for 140 Baht

You can get the gdb file from my website here … http://www.captainslash.com

Good to see the Mae Sot international border crossing that re-opened on December 5th, 2011 (the Thai Kings Birthday), is functioning as normal now. I was going to shoot down to Mae Sot next week, will you stiil be there?

Map of the route from Mae Sariang to Mae Sot.

mae sariang to mae sot.jpg

Colin , reports have come in that when doing visa runs to Mai Sai, Thailand / Tachiliek, Myanmar border, immigration on the Tachiliek, Myanmar side are making you wait an hour before they will stamp you with an exit immigration stamp from Myanmar.

Was this the case at the Mae Sot, Thailand/ Myawaddy, Myanmar border - on the Myanmar side?

No Phil, they asked me if I wanted to go for a walk around and when I said no they quickly got it stamped out again for me.

I dont know how long I will be in Mae Sot for, do you know what sort of date you are likely to get here?

hi, you got 90 days visa..i thought 15 days for land crossing only???? thanks.

I have a Non O multiple entry Robert so I get 90 days anywhere, with no visa I would have only got the 15 days though

Captain_Slash said:
No Phil, they asked me if I wanted to go for a walk around and when I said no they quickly got it stamped out again for me.

I dont know how long I will be in Mae Sot for, do you know what sort of date you are likely to get here?

It won't be for a week Colin, I assume you'll be gone by then?

Back
Top Bottom