Mae Sariang no Boatrips anymore

asiarider

Bikes
Suzuki DRZ 400, BMW R Nine T
Last month we are in Mae Sam Lap same many years ago we want rent a boat to Mae Kong Kha. The Army does not allow it anymore...shit

dhpm9cf59lefihjif.jpg

dhpmd4aaneywcoc8w.jpg

This was mentioned 6 months ago, so they are enforcing it. Even the tourists aren't allowed to go camping up the river??

Very sad

8391509448_5b08c7a5ec_b.jpg

8391508910_e3456319fd_b.jpg

8390422163_da4190f3e0_b.jpg

8390416147_3de3a35224_b.jpg

Is this the Moei river, which forms the border between Thailand and Myanmar? if so, the reason for the restrictions on using the river are due to fighting on the Myanmar side. My contacts have informed me that the KNU/DKBA are trading shots with government troops in the area from the Myanmar side opposite Mae Tawo (near Tha Song Yang) all the way up to the border area opposite Mae Sam Laeb in Mae Hong Son province.

Is this the Moei river, which forms the border between Thailand and Myanmar? if so, the reason for the restrictions on using the river are due to fighting on the Myanmar side. My contacts have informed me that the KNU/DKBA are trading shots with government troops in the area from the Myanmar side opposite Mae Tawo (near Tha Song Yang) all the way up to the border area opposite Mae Sam Laeb in Mae Hong Son province.

No this is the Salawin river

My first Trip on the Salween River long time ago 1992. Whow 25 years ago.....:ride:

dhqzuxfmo81ux953b.jpg

dhqzx2qlda183lo1s.jpg

dhr03ep5k8uzgrl6o.jpg

dhqzxpfviy0f31erk.jpg

And back too Mae Sariang it was great.

No this is the Salawin river

I see. Actually I wrote Salawin river first then edited my post to say Moei. The Moei is an offshoot of the Salawin, but both rivers form the border between Thailand and Myanmar - the Salawin section forms the border between the lower part of Mae Hong Son province and Kayah State of Myanmar, whilst the Moei river forms the border between Tak province and Kayin/Karen State of Myanmar.

maybe you should talk to the police- they may permit you
great pictures there!

Back
Top Bottom