Looking for Travelmate(s) riding Laos in Jul/Aug

Zweikastanien

Bikes
Honda Transalp XL600V
Hello, my name is Alex (29) and I´m currently planing to explore Laos by motorbike around middle of July to middle of August. If you are interested in doing this trip together, I would be glad to get your response.

My current plan is to do some motorbike-tours in the Chiang Mai/Thailand Region 12 -15 July before going to Vientiane for starting the Laos Trip.

Best Regards,

Alex

Rainiest time of the year

Hello, my name is Alex (29) and I´m currently planing to explore Laos by motorbike around middle of July to middle of August. If you are interested in doing this trip together, I would be glad to get your response.

My current plan is to do some motorbike-tours in the Chiang Mai/Thailand Region 12 -15 July before going to Vientiane for starting the Laos Trip.

Best Regards,

Alex

So, would you say a Laos Trip at that time is absolutely not recommendable or that I just should be aware of the rainseason and plan flexible (and the plans can fall through)?
Unfortunately this is the only time I can do this trip during my SEA stay.

Thanks for your advice!

So, would you say a Laos Trip at that time is absolutely not recommendable or that I just should be aware of the rainseason and plan flexible (and the plans can fall through)?
Unfortunately this is the only time I can do this trip during my SEA stay.

Thanks for your advice!

Much depends on what you want to do/see - in case you are going to ride on paved or semi-paved roads (roads with a gravel/stoney surface) and stick to the main roads/cities you won't have big problems and can have a lot of fun. If you really want to go offroad, you will have to be prepared to battle bad and slippery roads and play in the mud - for a sample of what you could expect see: laos-in-september

Mind you, normally it won't rain the whole day during the rainy season (May/June through September/October) but generally it will be dry for a large part of the day with some rain in the afternoon so riding a bike and visiting touristic places during the day can be fun but I would advise to plan to be flexible and don't stick to a tight schedule.

Just to give you an idea what truck graded roads will end up like (sealed roads no problem)

18410891890_87bdd2da4b_o.jpg

Much depends on what you want to do/see - in case you are going to ride on paved or semi-paved roads (roads with a gravel/stoney surface) and stick to the main roads/cities you won't have big problems and can have a lot of fun. If you really want to go offroad, you will have to be prepared to battle bad and slippery roads and play in the mud - for a sample of what you could expect see: laos-in-september

Mind you, normally it won't rain the whole day during the rainy season (May/June through September/October) but generally it will be dry for a large part of the day with some rain in the afternoon so riding a bike and visiting touristic places during the day can be fun but I would advise to plan to be flexible and don't stick to a tight schedule.

Much depends on what you want to do/see - in case you are going to ride on paved or semi-paved roads (roads with a gravel/stoney surface) and stick to the main roads/cities you won't have big problems and can have a lot of fun.

That´s exactly the way I plan. Nevertheless i plan to rent a Honda Baja or similar, to be prepared for unexpected (bad) road conditions.

Thanks for your advice, guys!

Back
Top Bottom