Latest farkle.. A Great one for Thailand.

LivinLOS

Bikes
Gas Gas 250 (Trials), YZ250 (enduro), DRZ440 (Supermoto) CBR900 Streetfighter (scary !!)
OK so I am a total magpie for farkles.. If its carbon or titanium I likes it..

So I wasnt super happy with the horn on the fireblade, felt a bit weak, and read about the stebel Nautilus horn system. A mini airhorn and pump package that can put out as much as 139 db.

Got one sent over (despite agreeing to under declare and airmail he forgot and sent it dhl full value) but never mind.. Fitted it, does need a bit of space, unsure if where I have it mounted will effect lifespan.. And WOW this fucker will get the attention of any soi dog or shitty driver out there. When you absolutely positively need to alert some fucker your there.. This is the puppy for you.

Considering how much bikes get short shift here, how cars just pull in front of you etc.. Its a mod very suited to our roads.

Hi LOS

My Dtracker is on it's 2nd Nautilus, I ran over the 1st one when the mounting bracket broke in mid pothole due to vibration of the mounting causing it to weaken. As you know, the horn is seriously heavy !

The second one is now mounted on a thicker piece of steel and there is no vibration at all. The issue now is water! That horn flute can take in & hold water & you need to blast it out when you have ridden through water crossing. And whether or not there are dogs or scary drivers needing a wake up in front of you, the horn needs a long blast to clear the flute !

Someone asked me why I wanted a loud horn. My idea is that I need to know which way a sleeping dog will decide to run when I get near them. Advance decisions are always better, a loud blast from 50 meters is far better than a 10 meter wake up call. It's the same for us humans when we swing our feet out in the morning, they touch the floor & for a second or two, you have no real clue where the heck you are. Dogs need a bit of consideration & respect for choosing the right direction ;)

Honk Honk !

Ally

PU_NAUTILUSULTRACOMPACTAIRH.jpg

Example here

Back
Top Bottom