Bikes
2013 Ninja 250
Not sure but someone posted this on a Thai Ninja site

I have not seen confirmation on KTM UdonThani's page but it looks legit

Attachments

• duke sale.jpg
    duke sale.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 9,513
I saw the were doing a 199 special.. now this..

Must be trying to clear out the old stock.. does this one have abs ?? Might be trying to shift those before a changeover

That's 50,000 Bht they've knocked off the list price in 8 months isn't it?

All I know is they started at 249k so maybe more than 50k actually?

Attachments

• KTM-2013-Thailand-Price-Guide.jpg
    KTM-2013-Thailand-Price-Guide.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 5,409
Yeah the price was introduction special 200 then 220 or 230 then 249...

While its great news they are pricing it tighter, you cant help but think its going to piss off buyers to keep changing it like that..

What it does is blatantly show how greedy the Thai vendors are and how much margin / markup they have.

38% price reduction and still can make money?

I was just out at KTM CNX.
Eak told me it was Kunka that wanted to do this promotion because of lots of stock 200's and low rainy season sales.

I had kind of thought it may be a local dealer only sale.
But at the same time what Phil said is true. If any dealer can put a product on sale for
69,000 baht less & the original price was only 249,000 then it suggests they do in fact gouge a bit.

Not that they are alone.
Imagine how the Kawasaki z1000 guys felt a couple weeks ago when Kawasaki lowered the z1000 110,000k in price?
Many guys had just bought recently & I know of at least 1 guy.
Now he paid 660,000 baht & it now sells for 550,000 baht :(

Attachments

• Kawasaki Prices.jpg
    Kawasaki Prices.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 2,623
  • kawasaki sale.jpg
    kawasaki sale.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 6,327
That is just pure evil...

Now imagine the loyalty, a buyer would give to a dealer who told him, "hey wait another week, price will go down"

In fact, I told Eak today that I would buy 390 from India because of their ridiculous pricing here in Thailand.

I totally agree, it would seem to be customer loyality suicide

That is just pure evil...

Now imagine the loyalty, a buyer would give to a dealer who told him, "hey wait another week, price will go down"

In fact, I told Eak today that I would buy 390 from India because of their ridiculous pricing here in Thailand.

I totally agree, it would seem to be customer loyality suicide

But didnt Ducati do exactly the same thing with even bigger numbers ?? I heard the diavel and MS had huge price drops after sucking in the initial early adopters. I know if that was me caught in that, with a huge depreciation, I would view the brand management highly poorly.

Poor management practices even if it is helpful to see lower prices. Also the whole mentality of buying big ticket items but no test ride no demo bike stuff.. Thats what the big profit margins are supposed to pay for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bsacbob KTM Motorcycles 0
bsacbob KTM Motorcycles 0
bsacbob KTM Motorcycles 9
Lightemup KTM Motorcycles 17
2wheels KTM Motorcycles 0
Back
Top Bottom