KTM at BKK Moto Festival

Clarky

Bikes
CRF250l, KTM 690E
A few photo,s from the KTM Stand at the Bangkok Bike Show. KTM were offering 5% down on any of the bikes and 3.5% interest on the payments. I don't know what the prices were before, but the 690,s were going for 638 000 Baht. I did ask about the running costs for the optional extra seated, apparently not cheap:)
View attachment 14119View attachment 14120

I am seriously thinking of loosing both my cbr and my drz in favor of one smcr.. My cambodian duke 2 is easy fast enough for me and is more all around in one package.

One thing for sure though.. With KTM Cambodia recently selling the 690 for 8995 usd.. I would for sure not be paying 638 k for one. Its borderline insulting what they feel they can charge in Thailand v cambo.

Yep, agreed. Day light robbery. I thought the 690 in Cambo was 12K US?

Any way still shows how much they raking in from mugs like me. Yes, i bought one. No other choice. I wanted one, badly, been trying to get one from Jamie for 3 months, no joy, and cant do the Temp import as i am on call. In the end i will be way happier sitting on KTM than looking at 21 000USD on a bank slip.
Bugger Bugger Bugger though!

I am seriously thinking of loosing both my cbr and my drz in favor of one smcr.. My cambodian duke 2 is easy fast enough for me and is more all around in one package.

One thing for sure though.. With KTM Cambodia recently selling the 690 for 8995 usd.. I would for sure not be paying 638 k for one. Its borderline insulting what they feel they can charge in Thailand v cambo.

$9k for a brand new 690 smcr tax paid ? (I assume it was the smcr and not the enduro ?)
I'd probably jettison my remaining DRZ to make room for one too.
Was that price a one off special for KTM Cambo, or have they got some more at that price ?

It was a one day special sale.. Held on diamond island.. About 3 weeks ago.. Bikes over the whole range 20 to 30 per cent off..

The little 200 was 1200 or so off to be just under 5k apparently they sold loads of them.. The 690s were selling for just under 9..

I only found out about it, the day after, went into the shop to verify and get prices and even tho they said it was a one day special.. When I was shocked and said I doubt I could have helped myself from buying a smcr at 8995 on the road, they said well let's call the boss, he might let another order go through.. I left before my heart had my plastic out.

I did tell him to email me if they are doing any more fire sales like this, and he just kind of grinned.

Did they have any stock of 500 EXC's? if yes were they on sale/ how much?

It was a one day special sale.. Held on diamond island.. About 3 weeks ago.. Bikes over the whole range 20 to 30 per cent off..

The little 200 was 1200 or so off to be just under 5k apparently they sold loads of them.. The 690s were selling for just under 9..

I only found out about it, the day after, went into the shop to verify and get prices and even tho they said it was a one day special.. When I was shocked and said I doubt I could have helped myself from buying a smcr at 8995 on the road, they said well let's call the boss, he might let another order go through.. I left before my heart had my plastic out.

I did tell him to email me if they are doing any more fire sales like this, and he just kind of grinned.

Did they have any stock of 500 EXC's? if yes were they on sale/ how much?

I gave KTM Cambo a call today
Person I spoke to sounded pretty useless.....
Anyway, the current promo is only for the 200 duke.
500 exc is $13645 plus ~$25 for the plate if you do it yourself.

I gave KTM Cambo a call today
Anyway, the current promo is only for the 200 duke.
500 exc is $13645 plus ~$25 for the plate if you do it yourself.

So 400, 000 bht for a legally registered ktm 500 EXC in Cambodia..... worth thinking about.

Never sent from an I-Phone

This is my general impression also.. They have loads of staff, whose purpose or function I cant work out.. With one or two managers who are the only ones who know anything at all.

Eg this +-25% sale.. A huge deal.. They didnt promote it, tell anyone, do any marketing at all from what I can tell.. I just spotted a post on K440.. There was no mention there was going to be a firesale like that on the vague post on the facebook page.

Back
Top Bottom